SCT 9100 Email update problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT 9100 Email update problem

Hey, has anyone had any problems with the email update kit for the 9100? I put my truck back to the stock program, then flashed the tuner with the three new programs, I chose the "Street" program, and it started loading it, when it was done it said ERROR 127 contact dealer. I then put the truck back to stock, and went back inside and re-flashed the 9100 (thinking maybe I did somthing wrong). I went to put on the new program (tow this time), and it said "mismatch, would you like to use this file?", it may of said this the first time as well, but I was in a hurry to get it in. I have used my 9100 at least a dozen times, switching between tow-street (and a few times for race!!), so I am not doing anything wrong.... any suggestions?? My truck has the larger injectors/maf so its not drivable without a custom program, and I have to be in Spokane tomorrow afternoon...(300 miles or so away). They should make it so you can save your present programs with the email update kit. OH well.... if I cant figuire it out, im sure Mike will be able to help me in the morning.

Hak

Old 07-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Hak,

I cannot stress using the Search feature enough - all you need to do is simply use the Search feature to read my posts on error# 127 & you would already know what you need to know, my friend.

Briefly.........................

1.) Error 127 can happen for any of a number of reasons, the majority of which are simple operator error (like from being in a hurry). What 127 actually means is that the PCM has NOT accepted the program upload from the Micro Tuner. For example, one common reason for this problem is not rotating the ignition switch quite all the way fully to the "ON" position when instructed to.

2.) You will ALWAYS get the "tuning mismatch" or "file mismatch" error message when doing an email update like that - that means nothing, just ignore it and continue with the flashing process.

3.) Follow the instructions in your Micro Tuner's installation manual - which point out in several places to either call the manufacturer directly at the number provided in your manual, or to call your vendor for Tech Support - those are the ONLY 2 WAYS to get Tech Support on that product - there is no 3rd option.

I'd say return the vehicle back to STOCK tuning.

Then reload the Micro Tuner once again properly, using your email update hardware & software - make sure NOTHING else is running on your PC, and there are no IRQ conflicts, etc. on that computer.

Then try reflashing the PCM again with the Micro Tuner, making SURE that the vehicle's batter is fully charged, and to take your time and follow proper procedure. Make certain the ignition switch is FULLY rotated to the ON position each time you are instructed to during the flash process, etc. Make certain that NOTHING else is on in the vehicle or using battery current - no radio, lights, hood closed, etc.

Then if you still have a problem, give the manufacturer a call tomorrow & they'll go over this with you. (Or you can call us.)

Good luck!

Old 07-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Of course I used the search feature.. I have tried installing it at least a dozen times now, all with the same result. I moved the tuner to com2, tried all three tunes, reflashed it at least six times, all with the same result. But it has no problem putting it back to stock, so that rules out a whole lot of problems. It has to be somthing with the emailing of the tunes, or the flashing of the tuner. I will call you in the morning MR. T ... I will try a few more times tonight to get it to work.

Hak

Old 07-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Hak,

My apologies, as I don't always recognize who's who - now since we've talked again (thanks for calling!) & I know you're S.S., that tells me a lot more - you must have thought I was nuts mentioning the search feature, as of course you of all people would have exhausted every possible resource.

The reason I dropped back by was actually to let you know that we got another update to that email update software - then I returned "S.S.'s" call in the middle of typing this response here, and realized who you are, etc. So I had to completely change this post since we've had a chance to talk and you've already got that updated software from SCT, & are thus up & running - excellent!

Good luck at the dyno - it will be extremely interesting to see if that is actually blower noise on that M90 like the automaker has on the M112 on the 5.4 motor. There's so little timing in that 2800-3100 rpm range, and with the knock sensor activating on even the most conservative tune, it sure would make a lot more sense that it's actually just blower noise coming thru in that narrow rpm range. Just as an aside, we've tuned a lot of AED-blown F-150's, and we traditionally don't have that problem, but you've got the latest 5th generation with the newest S-porting, and that may have changed those characteristics a bit.

Good talking to you again as always, & look forward to seeing your data!

Old 07-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Got back ok, saw the numbers I was expecting on the dyno.. a little low. My "pinging" is still there, (I dont want to confuse anyone, but the pinging is exremely light)... I put in some 92 octane from over in Spokane, and it stayed the same, and actually got louder going up the pass (towing program). And it may just be me, but my truck seems a wee bit slower with the new email tunes.. I will send everything out on Monday to you Mike. Quick question thou. What shold the A/F be? AED, 7psi?

Thanks

Hak..

Quick Reply: SCT 9100 Email update problem