Superchip? or another chip?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2000, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Superchip? or another chip?

After reading the posts regarding the Superchip, and corresponding with Mike T., I am ready to order a Superchip. Before I place my order,Can anyone offer any data as to why I should consider a Hypertech or any chip other than the Superchip?

------------------
2001 F150 SuperCrew Lariat, Black and Gold
Line-X Spray-in Liner
Mods to come:
Retrax Roll Top, Superchip, Gibson Swept Side, Airaid, Drop the rear

Old 10-13-2000, 09:02 PM
Most definitely go with a superchip over a hypertech because a superchip can be programmed over if your not happy with the shifting or if you need a custom chip.Hypertech does not do this.They make one program only for your application,if it pings or shifts funny they will not reprogram chip.They will either send you a new chip or refund your money!My hypertech I gained 2 tenths and the newest updated superchip I gained 4 tenths at the track.

HIGH ROLLER

Old 10-14-2000, 03:49 AM
I've talked to a dealer who sales both the superchip and diablo.
He suggested the diablo for the Ford. He was saying the SC was good but the Diablo was a whole lot better. The cost being almost identical.
I'm going to trade mine so I don't see any sense in getting the chip. I haven't seen a lot of folks w/ my pcm code.

------------------
http://a1060.g.akamai.net/f/1060/597...b/ff6165cd.gif Dr.(wife says i'm spoiled) Jones.
2000 F-150 5.4L
AUTO,SC-sb 4x4-XLT, 3.55LS, 8.8 front- 9.75 rear, sidesteps, sprayed in liner, 17"wheels ORP, trailer-tow pkg, CD, Cpt chairs, 4whl ABS, Keyless Entry, Airbox silencer removed/K&N, Amsoil(transfercase, motor, rearend), 3" custom dynomax ultra flow catback, as an anniversary gift.
djones01@elp.rr.com waiting for the 275hp PSD

Old 10-15-2000, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Did he mention anything specifically why the diablo was better? So far I am sold on the Superchips brand...can't imagine what could be better.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with super engine cooling/Auxilary transmission cooling HD package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil and filter

Quick Reply: Superchip? or another chip?