ANTICIPATION

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 10:29 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool ANTICIPATION

Ordered the chip from Mike yesterday. Should have it by tomorrow or friday. Can't wait to see how it works with my other mods. Will keep you posted...

------------------
Black 1997 F-150 Supercab Flairside. 4.6L with Jocobs DIS, K&N Generation II, Cat back Exhaust with Flowmaster 40 and MEG'S Stainless tip in front of rear wheel (nice rumble). 17" Off Road wheel pkg. Lots of body mods. 4 yrs old and still turns heads...and now paid for!!

Old 10-19-2000, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi WLF,

I'm just curious, how do you like your Jacob's setup, do you think it was worth the expense in your case?

It's nice when they're finally paid for, isn't it?

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 10-19-2000, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Here you WLF, My chip is in to be programmed for my new 97 f-250 5.4.
So I can't wait either.
Waiting for truck toys is Hard.
Tomorrow the new hi-flow muffler goes in.
Run for 2 tanks (less than a week) Then the Chip, Run for 3 tanks then the Air Intake.
Then Finished, back to how the Ranger was configured, and every other vehicle to come.

Old 10-19-2000, 09:23 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

It's in and all I can say is I like it!!! Only had time for a couple of WOT runs but can really feel the differance. I heard a little pinging at WOT up hill at about 70 but I am only into my second tank of high test and got that out of town so I don't know how good the gas was. I will be going back to my regular Texaco station for the next few tanks so I will see.
To answer your question Mike, yes the Jacobs unit was worth it to me. I tow a camper quite often and the Jacobs really made a differance there. I am not one to fool myself into thinking a 5000 lbs truck is going to be a street rocket. I really like my 4.6 v-8 and the way it pulls. This motor has been sweet. This chip should make it even better. My performance choices have been made for improvement in milage, torque and reliability... Also, yes it is nice to have it paid for...

I almost forgot, sure is nice to finally have a direct connection between my right foot and the transmission. Shifting is really improved. For those who are thinking about this modification, BIG THINGS DO COME IN SMALL PACKAGES.
HAVE FUN!!!

------------------
Black 1997 F-150 Supercab Flairside. 4.6L with Jocobs DIS, K&N Generation II, Cat back Exhaust with Flowmaster 40 and MEG'S Stainless tip in front of rear wheel (nice rumble). 17" Off Road wheel pkg. Lots of body mods. 4 yrs old and still turns heads...and now paid for!!

[This message has been edited by WLF (edited 10-19-2000).]

Old 10-20-2000, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi thomasjs,

Your Superchip has been reprogrammed for that new ADX3 code and is already on it's way back to you, so you should be enjoying it very soon!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 10-20-2000, 02:05 PM
Former Sponsor
HI WLF,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Superchip, and do let me know what happens when you get back to your Texaco station!

Thanks for the feedback on the Jacob's unit, I asked simply because most people have reported back here that on the newer vehicles they didn't feel they got a $400-$500 power gain from it, and ignition mods don't normally give big power gains, unless what they're replacing is worn and not performing up to spec. They usually give better throttle response, and a bit better torque at all throttle positions, I'm glad to hear you're happy with what it did for you.

The guys with the older vehicles all seem to be very happy with the Jacob's unit, and there have been a few others with newer trucks that liked them like you do too, so we just like to see how people feel about them.

Sounds like your truck is running very nice with all your mods, have fun!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: ANTICIPATION