Mike, I finally got to the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2000, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Mike, I finally got to the track

The time is on my website. Three runs only showed a .05 difference which was really consistant. I'm not gaining on the big end compared to the 1/8 mile times (8.55 @82). I'll have to figure that out.

------------------
Later,

Chuck
Black 00
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/lightningpage

Old 10-20-2000, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi LTNBOLT,

According to the numbers you posted there with the R9, it's made roughly about 4 tenths and 2 mph difference, very nice gains indeed!

One thing to remember (this info may be redundant for you, I don't know), and this is exactly why we write and include the drag racing tips sheet for Lightning owners with every Lighting Superchip we ship, is that you of course have to establish a baseline every time you go to the track if you want to see exactly what the chip (or any other part, for that matter) is actually doing for you on any given day. You can't compare times run on another day of course, in terms of evaluating what a given change has done to the performance of the vehicle, as the atmospheric conditions, traction conditions, and everything else are never identical.

Now of course most people don't want to take the time to follow the back-to-back procedure that we ouline in our drag racing tips sheet, but that is what it takes to actually determine exactly what the Superchip is doing for you on any given outing to thw track, is to use that format of 3 runs as we describe, including the cooldown times to stabilize powertrain temperatures, & the battery disconnects & voltage drain each time you change programs, so you can get valid test nubmers. And of course you also have to stage the same way each time, and we cover that as well in the tips sheet.

At any rate, it looks like you're running strong, so have fun, & thanks for your data!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 10-20-2000, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,

I've had the R9 in for a couple of weeks so it would have time for the computer to settle in and learn.

It was about 12 to 15 degrees cooler than the last time I was at the track which was to the R9's advantage. I was not looking for precise time differences in this case because I knew it was faster.

These times reflect everyday performance. Nothing was removed and no additives or special fuels. This is what you can expect if you meet me on the street. I'm like Collin about this. I want everyday numbers.

I very happy with the chip and performance gains. Not to mention the chips everyday manners.

I think I'm not breathing as well on the big end as I need to. The wheels are already clicking in my head on this one.

------------------
Later,

Chuck
Black 00
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/lightningpage

Old 10-21-2000, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi LTNBOLT,

Yeah, that's why I commented on the back-to-back procedure if you're looking to quanity or measure the *exact* difference you get each time you go to the track.

I think you're exactly correct, and I like your attitude about what it's capable of running it like you normally drive it everyday on the street, I couldn't agree more. Back when we all went to the First Annual F-150 Online National Rally in July, when we went to the drag strip and I put the 'ole Mark 8 on the track, complete with a lot of the extra stuff we carried with us for the trip, some lugguage in the truck, full tank of gas, etc. It's run mid-14's before, but only managed a 15.25 that day. What the heck....

You've got a nice strong-running Lightning there, and it sounds like you have even more up your sleeve...

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Mike, I finally got to the track