Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2000, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Check engine light

I installed the Superchip last weekend and my check engine light immediately came on. 3 days later I had to put it in the shop for a burnt coil. I got my truck out and re-installed the chip and my check engine light is on again! I have done everthing Mike has suggested in other posts, clean contacs, reseated, tape, ect. We'll see, I hope I don't burn another coil as it was costly.

Old 10-20-2000, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know what your name is, as I have no way of knowing who uses what screen name here. I would suggest that you contact us, and let's see just what is going on here.

The Superchip has absolutely *nothing* to do with the coil packs or individual coils in the COP system; it doesn't communicate with them, is not connected to them in any way, etc. There have, however, been numerous failures of these coil packs & COP systems in these vehicles, with many posts about that over the past couple of years. There are even factory TSB's (technical service bulletins) about coil pack failures on these vehicles, from 1997 right on thru the current models.

If the Superchip had anything to do with coil failures, we'd have seen hundreds of posts here over the past months and years, but of course we haven't, and won't, as the Superchip has nothing to do with the coil.

We have seen here 2 people report that they have had coilpack or coil failures that are also using the Superchip, and this has just been reported here in the past few days. The other fellow reported that he has had 8 coil failures in the thread he posted here, where you also posted this same thing, that should tell us something.

At any rate, please feel free to give us a shout, and we'll be happy to go over this with you.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 10-20-2000).]

Old 10-23-2000, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I have contacted you and I am waiting for a return call back. This was about 2 weeks ago. As far as the coil I guess it was an odd conincedence, at least I hope. I enjoy the benfits of the chip, but I would like to resolve the "Check Engine" thing.

Old 10-23-2000, 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
As I mentioned in my first response in this thread, I have no idea who you are from your screen name here on F-150 Online, so if we don't hear from you either in email or by phone with your real name, I can't help you.

We're happy to try and help you in any way we can, but I can't call you if I don't know who to call, so please contact us in some manner off the boards here, and we'll do everything in our power to assist you, that's all we can do, my friend.
------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 10-23-2000).]

Quick Reply: Check engine light