Thanks to Mike Troyer

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2000, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks to Mike Troyer

Mike, I just got the 26' camper home and the F150 w/Superchip did great. I've been using 93 octane like the Chip is meant for and this truck's power is like a good V-8. The truck pulled the camper up a couple good hills with out a sweat. Thanks for a great product that does what it saids it will do.Billy Reiter Thornville, Ohio

Old 10-23-2000, 02:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Billy,

Great to hear from you again!

I have to say I'm amazed that you're able to pull that 26' camper with your 4.2 V-6 F-150, that seems nothing short of amazing to me.

One interesting note is that Ford recommends towing in Overdrive with the automatics (they didn't used to, before anyone starts, but now they do with the newer automatics), but they say *not* to tow in Overdrive with the manual-transmission vehicles. That comes from their employee training website, I thought you might find that interesting.

One thing in your favor is that with that manual transmission, more of the power, both stock and Superchippped, gets to the rear wheels thanks to manual transmissions not needing as much power to turn them over. Driveline loses in these manuals are roughly about half what they are with the automatics, so your 4.2 V-6 manual should feel pretty strong.

No wonder Bill Bateman loves his!

Thanks for your post Billy, & have fun!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Thanks to Mike Troyer