Holy Cow!!!! Installed Superchip tonite!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2000, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Holy Cow!!!! Installed Superchip tonite!!

But I feel like a dork because it took me about 1 1/2 hours (made sure I got all the coating off). Crossed my fingers and it fired right up! Went up some hilly areas and actually gained speed in OD! Shifting is way improved instead of the "granny gearing".

Recommend to all for best bang for the buck!

Thanks Mike for the quick shipping!

------------------
2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew XLT 4X4
All black
17" Aluminum alloy wheels
5.4 Liter
3.55 Limited Slip Differential
Class III Towing Package.
Captains Chairs
6 CD changer
Sliding rear window
Bed extender

Modifications I've done:

Superchip
Duraliner bedliner
Bugflector II
Stull chrome billet grille
Westin chrome nerf bars
Custom catback 3" exhaust system w/Flowmaster 50

Modifications to be done:

Finding big-*** tires to mount on my 17" wheels
2" lift kit

Check out the pics at
[URL=http://www.coolfx.com/f150.htm
]http://www.coolfx.com/f150.htm

Old 10-26-2000, 09:39 AM
screwy2k1
Glad you took the time to clean the contact real good. I installed mine in about 45 mins and after 300 miles had a stall and ended up takeing it out and re-cleaning it. That comformal coating stuff is prety tricky.

------------------
2000 Navigator. Laser Red, Every option. ,FIPK, Superchip, Rear air deflector, Bug deflector, PIAA headlights (SUPERWHITE)

Old 10-26-2000, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi screwy2k1,

You're very welcome, and glad to see you're having fun with it.

I saw in your signature line where you're going to be installing big tires on your wheels, and I just wanted to mention briefly......you'll want to be careful with how much "taller" you go in tire size, as if there is enough of a difference in the circumference (much more than 1-1.5 inches taller), you could start getting some variances in shift points, etc. due to the speedometer being off. You will also notice worse performance from the engine turning less rpms at any given speed in any gear. If there is enough of a height difference, you have to do a gear ratio change to get the motor back up to turning enough rpms so that performance isn't hurt by the effective change in gear ratio that a taller (larger) tire is going to achieve.

I don't mean to alarm you, I just wanted to point that out so you're aware of it up front just in case you might not be. The change in size might not be enough to worry about, then again, you used the term "big-*** tires", so I thought I'd mention it.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 10-26-2000, 04:50 PM
Hey Mike..

You are the man! Always looking out for us!

I guess I should revise that line about "big *** tires" to replacing those "skinny *** GY wranglers".

I'm aware about the height of the tire directly correlating to torque and so forth.
I've been debating whether to wait until these tires wear out (2 years) and a better selection (width) is available for the 17" wheels, or just buy new 16" now and obtain a great selection and instant gratification.

What to do...what to do!

Old 10-27-2000, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi screwy,

OK, so you're already way ahead of me on the tire size issues and I don't need to tell you a thing about this that you aren't already aware of, excellent!

Glad to see that, as we get so many people that are in that situation who come to us after they've already installed the tall tires and are having problems, and so we try to reach out anytime we can if we see an opportunity to potentially save someone from that.

Good luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Holy Cow!!!! Installed Superchip tonite!!