just ordered my chip

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2000, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question just ordered my chip

I just ordered my chip today and was just wondering if anyone had any good advise for me. I have read all of the posts in the computer chip section and was just wondering if anyone had any words of advice.
Thanks again
Bobby

Old 10-31-2000, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You may have already read this...but make sure the computer contacts are clean (without removing the contact surface!) This has been the most common problem with a first time installation.
Also, I found it necessary to remove the computer bracket and flatten part of the rolled up edge..so it would not push on the chip and cause it to not work. One thing you may or may not have read..make sure to have your remote close by when you reconnect the battery....some have posted that their alarm went off.

I have stuck with Amoco 93 Octane...and have never had a problem with the chip/engine. Plenty of power and no hesitation.

Other than that....prepare to enjoy the greatly improved shifting and power!!

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Superchip, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55 rear, class III towing package with super engine cooling/Auxilary transmission cooling HD package, Heavy duty shocks, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, factory leather wrapped steering wheel, FORD bedliner, FORD black tubular cab steps, K&N air filter, mar-hyde rubberized undercoating, Modine climate filtration system, Bugflector II, Mobil 1 oil, build 7/2000

[This message has been edited by Dustoff (edited 10-31-2000).]

Old 11-01-2000, 01:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Bobby,

If you've read all these posts in this section, then you are pretty well prepared.

We include very thorough documentation with the Superchip, just so that first-time installers won't have any big surprises during installation. You'll have everything from your emissions certification paperwork to the manufacturer's instructions, to our own "tips sheets", this is the additional documentation that we write here, it will have our name at the top of those pages, and if you'll take a few minutes to carefully read all that documentation, your installation will go smoothly.

We cover everything from where the computer is, to the easiest way to remove it, to tips & hints specific to your F-150 vehicle, such as details about the mounting bracket and the pressure clip that hold the computer to it's mounting bracket.

The key to a good installation is proper cleaning of the connector on the back of the Ford computer where the Superchip attaches, and that is gone over in great detail in the documentation, so you shouldn't have any problems. If you have any questions during your installation, just give us a call, we're always happy to help.

Good luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: just ordered my chip