Just Joined, could use some info.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just Joined, could use some info.

Hey folks, Im new here and was hopeing that maybe I might get a little help. I just bought a 2004 Ford F-150 Supercab with the 4.6l. Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of chip out there that would make it so the truck could go over 90 mph. Once I hit 90 mph, it sort cuts out and then thats it. I know that I really dont need to get much faster than that, but I would like to make that choice on my own, besides, you never know when you might need to hit 95
See it acts like there might be some kind of Govoner on it, would be the best way to desribe it. So if there if something that I can do to get rid of it, where might I begine to look, and what do you suppose it might cost.
Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome

The other model year trucks have a top speed limiter somewhere in the 90-100 mph range. I suspect your '04 is no different. I am almost certain that tuning for the P-tech controlled 4.6 L engine is not yet done. Once that tuning becomes available, your top speed problem can be taken care of.

I also am patiently waiting for that 4.6 P-tech tuning for my '03 Explorer. Keep your eyes on this forum and I'm sure Mr. Troyer will anounce when Superchips tuning becomes available.

EB

Old 07-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi deaddog03,

We should be able to take care of that for you.

If it's a 2004 "Heritage" model (meaning the previous body style), we can certainly do that, and do it in either a chip or a flash device. If it's the new body style, then we'll need to flash the PCM, but either way we should be able to take care of this for you.

Just give us a call at our number listed below & we'll go over all the specific details with you about your particular 2004 F-150 & let you know the exact info we need from your vehicle, etc.

Congratulations on your new 2004 F-150, by the way!

Quick Reply: Just Joined, could use some info.