Mike T - nascarkid here

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2000, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Mike T - nascarkid here

Finally got a chance to check the performance. It's awesome - you punch it and it just kicks b***.
Talking to serv mgr about trying chip in one of the ambulances.
One of the paramedics asked me the other day if I could "hop up" her truck - I said sure.
May have to get some of the crews to help put a little pressure on serv. mgr. Just kidding (he may be reading this post).

------------------
1998 Nascar
TransGo shift kit - street
K&N air filter
Superchip
Wrenchjock daytime running lamps
www.wrenchjock.8m.com/nascar.htm

Old 11-07-2000, 01:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi nascarkid,

Glad to hear it finally dried out so you could really check out the new performance levels with the Superchip.

And yes, of course we'll be happy to help, or to discuss this with anyone that might want to know about this for your ambulances, other vehicles, etc. Just give us a shout by phone or email anytime, and we'll be happy to help any way we can.

Have fun & be safe,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 11-09-2000, 10:38 AM
Hey nascarkid, I work for the city of Baton Rouge EMS. What service do you work for in OK

------------------
1999 F-150 Lariat SC 2 WD, White/Silver, 5.4L, 3.55LS, K & N FIPK, Superchip, underdrive pulley set, Dynomax Super Turbo Series Exhaust, six disc CD changer, towing package and captain chairs

Old 11-09-2000, 01:44 PM
mikey88. I work for Paramedics Plus (their hq is in Tyler, TX), but service is called EMSA - Oklahoma City. They also are in T-town (Tulsa, OK).
I have a website with a "where I work" page. Have taken pics of paramedics and others.
Trying to talk them into trying a chip in one of those bad boys. The chip sure woke my nascar up! It could give you a pretty good thrill before, but after the chip - well.........
email is wrench@brightok.net or foustg@emsa.net

------------------
1998 Nascar
K&N air filter
Superchip

Old 11-09-2000, 02:18 PM
Cool

Hey Mike T, do you think the chip for the 4.6 litre would work in a crown vic lead slead that I drive at work? I really miss the Chevy Caprice we used to drive with the LT1 engine,,the thing was a lead sled, but a rocket powered lead sled. The bad guys new the Caprice had a fast engine, and they know the Crown Vic is not as fast. Though it does have a am/fm radio,,thats the only saving grace. In the Chevy's we had to sing to ourselves or bring a little portable radio..I did the latter.

Anyways, I was just wondering,,not that the PD would do it, but you never know if you don't ask.

Wouldn't it be great to do 140 mph in a patrol car with full emergency equip..!!!! sorrry,,just daydreaming.

az

Old 11-09-2000, 03:44 PM
az2528. Right now you're 10-7 and just don't know it. With the chip you would be 10-8.
Kidding aside, the chip really works. Right now my mileage is down, but I've been *playing*.
I'll be taking a 90 mile trip here pretty soon on the turnpike so I'll have to drive pretty serious. Should be able to get a really good idea on mileage.
The OHP troopers take a very, very dim view of going beyond 75 on the pike and/or not wearing your seatbelt. Got yelled at one day on the seatbelt issue. No ticket, but was threaten within a inch of my life and after all that's what can be a stake - your life.

------------------
1998 Nascar
K&N air filter
Superchip
In future: posi-track carrier, FIPK, cat back, under pulleys, CD changer

Old 11-09-2000, 10:21 PM
I have the 1995 chevy capri with the corvette motor in it. Its rated at 375 hp. I dont know if I would want any more power in that thing. It would probably scare the sh*t out of me...lol. To bad they still dont make thoughs damn things for 2000. Mine is starting to get run down.

Old 11-10-2000, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor
HI az,

We do make Superchips for all of those police units, as the Crown Vics still come with top speed limiters even with the police package.

Police departments in our experience are most concerned with top speed limiters and 0-90 mph acceleration times, as catching the bad guy quicker hopefully cuts down on dangerous high-speed chases.

Just so you'll know, you can't just take a Superchip for a 4.6 F-150 and put it in a 4.6 Crown Vic just because they have the same size engine, that won't work. Each Superchip has to be programmed for the exact software revision that was loaded into each vehicle's computer from the factory, but that's OK, we make them for the Crown Vic's too, a *lot* of law-enforcement agencies use us, as you might imagine.

Ove the years we've done some really fun projects, years ago there was a turbo-car (I won't mention what type for security reasons) that was seized from a drug dealer, and when we were finished with it, it would do 12-second 1/4 miles, and over 185 mph top speeds. That vehicle was used for years in undercover work by that agency that had us lean on it.

You're right, those LT1 Caprices (rpo 9C1) would run very nice with the 260hp iron-head version of the LT1 motor, that was the last great "cop car", in my opinion. The Crown Vic is underpowered by comparison, absolutely, so it's no wonder you need more in the CV.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 11-10-2000, 01:15 PM
Wink

Hey Mike, can you tell me what agencies use your chip, maybe if there big enough (300 officers or more) I could convince someone upstairs that it might be worth a try in some cars.

Your right about the 0-90 quickness over the top end speeds. CHP usually worries about top end because of the type of car stops they make, (usually someone already speeding at 65 plus mph), though in some area's quickness is more important. I work for a city department, but we have two major freeways running through town, and it's not uncommon for us to use them to get from one end of town to the other if were in a big hurry, and the traffic is light.

The Caprice was the last "great" police car. 0-60 was great for such a heavy car, which is even heavier will full police package. Not very aero dynamic either with the light bar and push bar up front. We still have a few in the fleet, but their dying quickly. We did purchase 4 Tahoe's but it's not the same, though they do handle as well as the Crown Vic, and are probably as quick. But Chevy is not making a pursuit package any longer, and the PD would have to do it's own mods to make it pursuit capable.

I knew the f150 chip would not work in the Crown Vic due to the different computer, but how nice it would be to sneak one out of a truck and slip it in for a swing shift or two. Plus my truck engine is a 5.4.

Take care, and keep watching your rear view mirrors.

az

------------------
white w/harvest gold trim,2001 supercrew,5.4, w/duraliner and magnaflow exhaust.
next item: superchip

Old 11-10-2000, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi az,

I won't discuss what agencies have used us, as they virtually all demand complete confidentiality. If you'd like to give us a call, I can discuss this with you. We can arrange for trials, etc.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: Mike T - nascarkid here