Superchip now in the truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Superchip now in the truck

Well I finaly was able to get this Chip in.
Just got back from a ride down Rt80 east & then west.
The truck kinda surprised me alittle. At 55/60 mph I nailed the accelerator & WHAM I got a kick in the ***. The truck downshifted & away I went. The Gibbson SCREAMED & the tack jumped to new hights. HEHEHE Very large smile on this 38 yr old face. : )

Thanks go to Roger Lemere & Mike "superchip" Troyer.

NEXT??
Thanks again & what can I do next? LOL : )

JT

------------------

Old 11-10-2000, 08:33 PM
Cool

Yup, i believe if you have other mods done the chip seems to bring everything together & its awesome. Have yet to even have a close race with Siverados & dodge pickem ups, now if i get my 4:10s with LS i might be able to get out of the hole without burning all the rubber off my tire.

------------------[list=a][*]All Black 2K F-150 XLT[*]5.4 Auto, 3.55[*]Super Cab, BedLiner[*]Class III Tow Package, Rear Slider[*]Keyless Remote, Cruise, A/C, CD Player[*]Tinted Windows[*]Bug Guard[*]Black Step bars[*]Billet Custom Grill[*]K&N Filter,Velocity Tube[*]Flow Master Force II Exaust with Single in, Dual out Behind rear Wheels[*]Stainless Hide-a-Hook Tie downs[*]HellWig LP 25 Overloads[*]Rear Color Matched Light covers[*]Dash Cover[*]SuperChip[*]55 Watt Fog Lights(remote controlled)
(*)55 Watt Fog Lights behind Grill(remote controlled)[*]80/100 watt white light Headlights/Smoke covers[*]Clear Front Corners(waitin on Superwhites for corners)[*]Front Lit FORD Emblem[*]Rear Lit FORD Emblem on order[*]Black Max Tonneau
(*)Expedition Mag Spoke Wheels[*]Still on to do list: Electric Fan(s) Rancho 9000's,B&M Shift Kit[/list=a]

Old 11-10-2000, 10:47 PM
Yes I have the airaid intake & gibson super truck catback on the truck. I got the truck 1 month ago & found this site & boy have I been having fun.
Could this obsesive behavior be 1 of the reasons my wife left???

------------------
97 F-150 Lariot
Black/Silver
Mods so far: Airaid intake,Gibson supertruck Cat back system,SuperChip

Old 11-12-2000, 05:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Joe T.,

Glad you got it installed & are enjoying it.

When you already have the airbox kit and the exhaust already done, the Superchip does seem to bring them all together very nicely, and add a really nice kick.

The reasons it runs so strong now in second gear like you described is thanks to the removal of both the downshift delays and the premature torque conveter lock-up about half-way thru second gear, so when you romp down on it now at 55-60 mph, it's going to feel much different, heh-heh.

As for what to do next, that depends on how far you want to take it. The next few things could be headers, a nice 3-piece set of underdrive pulleys, and converting over to electric cooling fans. But watch out, it's a progressive disease!

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 11-12-2000).]

Old 11-13-2000, 08:12 PM
Thanks for your help Mike,
I have read up on the pulleys & have some concerns about installing them. Where can I locate them & what would the $$ amount be?
1 more thing. I just got back from a ride down the highway. The truck pulls nicely but it kinda hits a wall at like 95 mph or so. Can't quite get that 100mph mark. I thought you mentioned that the chip would do something for me in that area?.
I am happy but I just thought you told me something about that.
Thanks again. : )

Old 11-14-2000, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Joe T.,

Yes, unless you have changed tire sizes by more than a certain amount, somewhere around 1-1.5 inches or more, the top speed limiter should be removed, so you should contact us off the boards so we can check that out for you. I did get your email and responded to it. On the F-150, the lowest top speed limiter in any of the V-8's is exactly 98 mph, so if it's kicking in at 95 mph your speedo is off, indicating a change somewhere, tire size, or what have you. Or it could easily be that you may not have been looking at the speedometer really close at that kind of speed (good, keep your eyes on the road!), and it's actually kicking in at it's normal 98 mph, that's probably what happened I'm guessing.

At any rate, check your email for our response.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Superchip now in the truck