? for Mike T.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2000, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ? for Mike T.

Hi Mike I have a ? When I bought my truck it originally came out with 16 inch wheels and tires and the dealer had switch them for a set of 17 inch I noticed that the speedo was off like the day after I bought it, so I took it back and they changed a plactic gear in the trans to correct the speedo, should there have been anything else done for this and will it effect my truck in any other way. I already have the superchip and flowmaster and K&n airfilter. It has 3.55 gears in it if that will help answer my question. The reason the tires where switched is because someone else had bought the truck with the 17s on it and did'nt like how the truck set up so high so they lowered it by using the 16s that where on my truck, but thats Ok because I like the 17 better anyway.I guess there speedo was to fast!!!

Old 11-15-2000, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi K.,

No, that's all that needed to be done. 1997 & 1998 F-150's can have their speedo's corrected by a standard reduction gear in the tailshift section of the transmission, very easily & cheaply.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: ? for Mike T.