SuperChip gains on existing Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2000, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SuperChip gains on existing Mods?

I've just started modifying my 99 5.4L F-150, and thus far have installed a K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Force II Cat-back exhaust, and am about ready to install JBA headers (this weekend). I was thinking about adding a superchip once the headers have been installed, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the HP/Torque gains a superchip would add to this configuration? Would there be more gain to a stock engine/exhaust or does the combination of these mods make the superchip gains even more pronounced?

Thanks,
SlickWilly2

Old 11-17-2000, 12:15 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Slick,

The rated gains from the Superchip are as installed on an otherwise-stock vehicle.

I wouldn't expect to pick up much more than the normal rated gains, which are as maximum of 28 horsepower and 46 lbs./ft. of torque on the 1999 5.4 motor in the F-150, though you may see a few more ponies due to your mods, it's not going to be a big difference, as the basic tuning process remains the same.

With headers, we can do a custom program to add a bit more power, though this is rarely *required* with headers, and most people don't opt for that.

You will not gain more on a stock vehicle than you'll gain by adding the Superchip to your vehicle with those mods already in place; if anything, you may pick up a little bit more, but it won't be less.

Feel free to give us a call if you'd like to go over this in more detail, we're happy to help.

Best of luck with your truck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 11-16-2000).]

Quick Reply: SuperChip gains on existing Mods?