Hypertech Power Programmer III

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2000, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hypertech Power Programmer III

Hello,
I wanted to see if any of y'all have heard of the Hypertech Power Programmer3. This product gives you 7 different adjustable features with torque gains up to 10 ft/lbs for the 5.4L and 16ft/lbs for 4.6L. It is a hand held computer reprogrammer. You can install optimized spark and fuel curves, adjust top speed limiter, optimize transmission shift points and firmness, increase engine RPM limiter, it also automatically corrects the speedometer, odometer, and transmission shiftpoints when you use non-stock tire sizes and/or non-stock axle gear ratios. It only costs $414.75
or $337.00 if you order it out of the Performance Products catalog.

This sounds like a good buy to me. Have any of you ever heard/used one of these? Let me know what y'all think. Any info will help.

Thanks in advance,
Darren

------------------
2001 F150 4X4 Styleside supercab Lariat.
Red/Brown
17" Aluminum allow wheels
5.4 Liter V8
3.55 Limited Slip Differential
Captains Chairs
Sliding Rear Window
4x4 Offroad Group
Class III Towing Group

Modifications Done:

Bugflector II
Bed Rails
Ravin Z-55 Exhaust
Nerf Bars

Modifications To Come:

Super Chip
Brushgard
Spray In Liner

Old 11-11-2000, 12:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Darren,

Yes, most of us here have heard of it, and very few use it, because the power gains are very tiny, and not worth the cost. For much less, you can install the Superchip and get torque gains of up to 40 lbs./ft. of the 4.6, and 46 lbs./ft. of the 5.4 motor.

If you'd like to get more detailed info on this, please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 11-15-2000, 10:50 AM
Not to mention the fact that the Hypertech only programs at wide open throttle position, which is useless for street legal daily drivers that need/want more power & better shift patterns and a by product of higher mpg fuel economy. The Superchip provides this throughout all throttle positions of the rpm band.

I am not affiliated in any way with Superchips, Inc. so this is not a marketing ploy.

Old 11-15-2000, 10:53 AM
Unhappy

BTW: I had a Hypertech III for the 99 Silverado 5.3l I had. Without more detail of why not to buy this product, I returned it within the 30 days for a full refund. Totally worthless for anything but a wide open throttle "race", which I do not do. It actually made an already bad engine ping, much worse too.

Old 11-16-2000, 12:12 AM
I'd just like to add that you don't have to run premium with it. As long as you don't change the fuel curve, or the ignition timing. A friend in the office here has one for his 99 ZR2, and just finished disconnecting it, to loan it to another friend, and found a considerable difference. And he has yet to change the curve or ignition! The biggest difference was the increase in torque, he said. Whether it was part throttle or full throttle, I'm not sure. I really don't know all that much about it, so I think I'll go ask him about it a little more. But still definitely not worth the money. It goes for around $700 around here, which is totally outrageous!

Old 11-17-2000, 10:00 AM
Thumbs up

I got a power programmer for my diesel and I am very happy with it. It does make a difference you can feel! It sounds like I got a hell of a deal too. I bought mine for $279 from roadstore.com! The programmer lets you adjust for bigger tires and gear ratios too. I love mine.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Power Programmer III