I got the Powerdyne, now I'm waiting on the chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 09:40 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a follow-up to our conversation today Mike I got the codes read and they are many multiples of these three codes:
I will be changing out the O2 sensors on saturday but I think something else is up. I am still searching. I will also try to get a new fuel pressure regulater and see if that helps. I'll let you know.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:02 PM
WLF
Well, I may have found the problem. The vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator was poor. I switched it out with one I knew was working properly yesterday morning and on the way home last night (about 70 miles and 8 start ups) the check engine light went off on the dash. That is the first time I have seen the light go off without me clearing it. I got a new fuel pressure regulator and put it on this morning. I also got the vacuum cleared up.
I will see how that works out. A couple cans of sea foam in the gas should help clean everything up.
I still intend to switch out the O2 sensors as soon as I muster enough NRG.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:27 AM
WLF
I spoke too soon. It is still running rich. Less then before but my Check Engine light is back on. Fuel Pressure regulator helped but did not fix.

Quick Reply: I got the Powerdyne, now I'm waiting on the chip