MY SUPERCHIP INSTALL......

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up MY SUPERCHIP INSTALL......

HEY ALL U GUYS OUT THERE DEBATING ON INSTALLING THE SUPERCHIP , GET YOUR BUTTS IN GEAR MAN WHAT A DIFFERNCE IT MADE ON MY 98 F150 5.4 F.I.P.K , FLOWMASTER DUAL , MAN I COULNDT BELIEVE HOW MUCH BETTER THE SHIFTING BECAME , EVEN WITH A 3INCH BODY LIFT ON 33'S I CAN HIT 106MPH....3.55'S....I JUST ORDERED THE POWERADE SPACER ANY ONE HAVE A OPION ON IF IT REALLY WORKS.........

------------------

Old 11-15-2000, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Triton Times,

Thanks for your post & glad to hear you're enjoying your Superchip. It adds more performance gain than the intake & exhaust mods combined, so it's no wonder you're happy with the results!

By the way, you probably aren't aware of this, but just so you'll know, when you type in all capitals in online places like message boards, in email, etc., it's considered SHOUTING, and is harder to read. Just letting you know.....

Running over 100 mph with that truck lifted up like that & big tires must be a bit of a handful (and a bit of a thrill, too), that's very fast for that much height! That's darned good speed considering how big the aerodymic profile that truck has now, wow.

Have fun & be safe!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 11-15-2000, 06:39 PM
Cool

Hey Mike, Everyone in Florida has to yell these days, since no one is obviosly listening to them. Something about a recount thing!!

Triton, please dont go that fast anymore,,think about what it will take to slow you rig down from that speed if some IDIOT or blue hair cuts you off. We don't want you or your truck to become a donor program.

------------------
white w/harvest gold trim,2001 supercrew,5.4, w/duraliner and magnaflow exhaust.
next item: superchip

Old 11-16-2000, 09:57 AM
Smile

I had been debating whether or not to splurge for the SuperChip, but have to admit after reading all the posts, it's almost a no-brainer to install one if you are looking for performance.

I called and talked to Mike yesterday with several questions, concerns, etc. He is certainly a knowledgeable and competent fella. Really enjoyed the conversation and ordered a chip on the spot.

------------------
2000 F-150 Harley-Davidson
(SuperChip on order!)
'99 FLHRCI
'95 XLH

Old 11-17-2000, 12:08 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi az,

I hear you! Florida couldn't be a much hotter topic right now with how the election has turned out. Heck, I just want to know who our next President is, not that I think much of either of the candidates.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 11-17-2000, 12:42 AM
Cool

Hi Mike, I keep reading these great posts for your product and still plan on ordering one,,I just have to figure out when I can afford it. Maybe my wife really doesn't need a Xmas present this year!!! yeah!! you would never hear from me again if that happened.

Anyways, I will be calling or emailing my order soon enough,,it kills me to read all the great things about the product and not be able to buy one just yet..

stay safe
Az

Old 11-17-2000, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi az,

That's ok, just have patience, it'll happen when the time is right.

Whatever you do, take care of your wife first, or you may never hear the end of it!

You never can tell what Santa may bring, and a lot of husbands will leave their wives info on the Superchip (as a hint), so they can order it for you perhaps, that happens a lot this time of year, we work with a lot of wives & girlfriends who want to surprise their partners for Christmas.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 11-17-2000).]

Trending Topics

Old 11-23-2000, 08:37 PM
Talking

Installed my new Superchip yesterday even though there were still about 8 gallons of regular 89 octane in the tank. Heck, I had the time to do it, so instead of resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery after the install I decided not to do the reset just yet. There was no pinging or any other problems and after driving yesterday and today, and after burning off 5 gallons or so I headed over to the Amoco station.

Filled 'er up with 21.5 gallons of 92 octane, pulled across the street into an empty lot, disconnected the battery, turned on the headlights and waited 5 minutes as per Mike's instructions.

Hooked up the battery, let it idle for about 5 minutes while resetting the radio, etc. and pulled out onto the road and hit the throttle: HOLY SH*T! The truck took off like a rocket. The engine had noticeably more power and the shift points were higher and when it did shift it shifted firmly and fast.

This is a great improvement and recommend it for just about everyone. Am glad for all the advice on this board as I would probably have waited myself if it weren't for such many positive comments.

------------------
Superchip
'99 FLHRCI
'95 XLH

Old 11-23-2000, 09:21 PM
Talking

Hey Guys awesome reply's in here thanks for all the good comments , I think that are imput helps allot of the new truck owners in purchasing performance products for the FORDS. Mike helped me out allot with my chip thanks man... Tommorow I drive to atlanta to get my new Roll n Lock Im buying it from mike curtis he had it in the classifieds im driving all the way from south florida.....
Keep the petal to floor and stay between the white lines later ......Dustin

------------------

Old 11-25-2000, 12:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi HarleyGuy,

Thanks for your posts.

I have been reading both here online and in your email to me with some trepidation your choice of installation "technique", I.E., not re-setting the computer, and installing the Superchip with the lower octane still in the tank. Very interesting technique, to make the Superchip program come in gradually so you could go ahead and install it while you burned out the remaining 89 octane. I thought you might report back that you got detonation, but it sounds like you got
lucky. It really gets down to the effective compensation range of the knock sensor system in your vehicle along with the actual quality of the fuel in the tank, and luckily in this case, it all worked out just fine.

I loved your comment on what happened after you filled up with premium and did the re-set of the computer, very funny.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 11-25-2000, 12:54 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi TritonTimes,

Thanks for your posts as well.

I'm glad to see you're taking advantage of other F-150 Online servies, like the free Classifieds section, looks like you are driving a considerable distance to take advantage of the bargain you were able to find there, good for you.

Have a good trip!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 12-03-2000, 07:05 PM
2000 F150 SuperCab 4x4 XLT 4.6L Auto
Ordered: 11/29
Received: 12/1

Installed on 12/2 in about 2 hours total. I did have to pull the battery due to the solenoids in the way, but that was not difficult. I'd suggest doing it, give yourself the extra room.

The other suggestion is to unbolt the ecu bracket and straighten the top 2 flanges and rebolt it. The ecu clip (usually black) fits lower than it was, but no problem. I do think the actual attachment could be a bit more solid, but they are having to accomodate some variances from Ford. I just used electrical tape as a extra means to secure the cpu. If an improvement is needed, this is the only place I'd say it's needed.

Truck started right up, and after 24hrs and about 120 miles, I'd say it's worth keeping. Early spring I installed a Gibson Side Swept exhaust (wanted stainless), and could feel a bit of an improvement. I would say the chip was equivalent in terms of gain, if not slightly better. The cost ($235 vs $385) makes it more bang for the $$ in my book.

I will say that now the wheels will break free from a stop, where before they wouldn't. Yeah, I could hold the brake and step on the gas, but I don't have to any more.

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I would say the chip is worth the money on the F150. I don't think I will send the ecu of my 88 RX7 T2 for a chip though, I do need more customization of the fuel delivery.

I also can't speak for Mike T and his service, I didn't need him. Based on the information included, the quick delivery, and other posts, I'm confident that he'll come through if need be.

The last mod may be a new airflow meter and a full open intake. Where can I buy or see this Air Force One thingy? Typically, I don't think intakes are worth the money to buy, you're better off doing them yourself if you have the ambition. Bang for the buck just isn't there.

:-) Greg O.

Old 12-03-2000, 07:18 PM
For some good pics of Air Force One, take a look first at the Harley-Davidson Area here -- Rogersbw put up some pics of his latest install and it sure looks good.

Also, take a look at http://www.f150world.com/afo.asp

The above site will walk you through the installation as well as give you photos of the completed install.

I'm REAL tempted, too!

------------------
Hard Tonneau Cover
Superchip
'99 FLHRCI
'95 XLH

Old 12-04-2000, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Greg,

Great post!

With regards to using an aftermarket mass airflow meter, that is a waste of money on these vehicles (if you're looking for it to justify it's cost with additional power, it won't happen on a basically stock F-150 engine) until you have mechanically modified the engine (supercharger) to the point that it is literally capable of out-stripping the flow capcity of the stock unit, which you won't do until you are at much higher power levels. The other aspect is that they lean out the A/F mixture, requiring a custom program in most cases these days to allow you to use them safely without running the motor too lean. What happens is, you'll get about an 8-10 hp gain, until you compensate in the program for the 2-point leanout that the Pro-M 80mm unit causes, for example, and once you correct for that, there is no power gain. Superchips works directly with almost every manufacturer of MAF units, and they certainly have their place, just not on a stock engine.

With regards to using one of the airbox elimination kits, the bang for the buck certainly is there in our opinion (and of course we don't even sell those products), we've seen this on the dyno many times. Either the K&N FIPK kit or the Airaid brand will add a solid 12 hp on the 4.6 and 14 hp on the 5.4 motor in the F-150 & Expedition. Compare that to 5 hp for a drop-in K&N air filter in the factory airbox, and add another 2-3 hp for drilling holes, either numerous 1" round holes or a 4x6 rectangle in the factory airbox. Now of course this is a bit subjective, as for me personally, I feel that based on those numbers it's well worth spending the money on a professionally designed kit that adds considerably more power than the mods to factory airboxes, etc., and others may not feel the same way we do, certainly.

I prefer to have my unaltered factory airbox that can be re-installed any time, and the larger power gains from a complete airbox elimination kit, but that's me.

We have not yet had a chance to see what the AirForce One kit does on the dyno, but seeing the kit installed, I don't think it's going to be any less than the other 2, I know the manufacturer claims a bit more. That Air Force One kit is beautiful under the hood, certainly the most attractive of the 3. If I were going for best underhood looks, I'd go Air Force One, and if I'm looking for best bang-for-the-buck, I'd go Airaid.

Best of luck whatever you decide, thanks again for your post & have fun!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: MY SUPERCHIP INSTALL......