How's Cosco Supreme Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How's Cosco Supreme Gas?

I live in the San Francisco, CA & w/the chip for my Lightning I am wondering if the Cosco Supreme gas is any good? It's 92 Octane & alot cheaper. If not does the same recommendation down south hold true up here. We also have Olympic & Beacon

[This message has been edited by BayAreaLightning (edited 12-06-2000).]

Old 12-06-2000, 11:29 PM
Cool

BayAreaLightning, I live in Livermore and use Costco gas. They buy there gas from Shell, at least that's what the attendant told me. M. Troyer who is the chip "man", says stay away from the cheap gas, like Olympic and Beacon, which I'm not sure they have back east.

I don't have the chip yet, but will probably run the Costco to see what kind of results I get when I do purchase one. Shell west coast has usually been crappy, but back east it's good. Member, Laurensdad, lives in Marysville I think and he strickly uses 76 and Chevron with great results. If you try the Costco, let me know what kinda of results you get, and ask the attendant where they get the gas, they might use different venders in different areas.

Az

------------------
white w/harvest gold trim,2001 supercrew,5.4, w/duraliner and magnaflow exhaust.
next item: superchip

Old 12-07-2000, 08:57 AM
Cosco and most independents buy on the spot market. In other words, unless they own their own refinery, they buy from whatever refinery sells for the cheapest price at a given order date. Other than the octane rating, quality will vary depending on what additives a particular refinery is willing to add since this adds to the cost.

Old 12-07-2000, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi BayAreaLightning,

Steer clear, don't feed that crap to a Lightning, please.

The response posted by "KSinLA" is exactly correct, those types of outlets simply buy on the spot market, and they will buy whatever they can pay the absolute least for.

We've also heard that they claim that it's Shell, but even if that wre true on occasion, Shell in California is not giving good results at all, whereas here in the East, we've used Shell to good success.

Other brands to avoid are Exxon, due to extremely low energy content across the country on a consistent basis, and BP (high sulphur content, though they just started advcertising that they have cleaned up their formualtions, we'll see...), as well as *any* "off-brands", just don't use them in that supercharged engine.

Many people think gas is gas, and consequently you should just use whatever gas costs the least, but that is one of the *worst* things you can do for fuel system & intake valve cleanliness, as well as performance and gas mileage and idle quality.

You have a very expensive and rare factory supercharged engine there, please feed it the absolute best fuel possible.

Best of luck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 12-07-2000, 01:16 PM
Cool

Mike T, I knew it wouldn't take you long to "save" this individual from hurting himself and his parts. I guess that's why Costco won't use Chevron,,It's to expensive on the "spot" market.

Az.

------------------
white w/harvest gold trim,2001 supercrew,5.4, w/duraliner and magnaflow exhaust.
next item: superchip

Quick Reply: How's Cosco Supreme Gas?