code for Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2000, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post code for Superchip

Mike and others,

I have been looking for the 3 letter, 1 digit code to order a superchip. From previous posts, I have read that it is on the passangers side by the door hinges. I have a 98 Expedition. There is nothing (no sticker, nothing) on the passager's side. However, I have found a sticker on the driver's side that says "Calibration". This code is not a 3 letter, 1 digit code though. Am I just missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Robert

Old 12-09-2000, 12:02 AM
Exclamation

drcarrillo,

If it helps, I've got a 2000 Eddie Bauer with the tow package (includes the rear load leveling). I found mine on the back of the ECU. I haven't compared to the sticker in the door frame (if there is one there). I mention the model and tow package because a couple of things may be different. The ECU is in the firewall on the passager side. From the inside, above the passengers feet, I have a plastic cover, hiding everything under the dash. I removed it (3 little trim clips) and I can see the back side of the ECU close to the side pretty far up just above the air suspension shut off switch (hence the rear load leveling note). Not sure is all models have the cover, and if you don't have the air sus. the switch isn't there (duh) ;-) I have a plastic clip about 1 inch wide that looks to be a retainer on the back of the ECU that covers the little plastic cover that has the sticker and code. I pulled the clip off (snaps off and on) but you may be able to just pull it away to see the code. You have to get up under there, pretty much close to upside down....

I understand that the calibration code is something different.

It took me about 10 minutes in almost dark to get the code. Hope that helps.

Have you done any other mods? I'm about to and I'm curious as to what to expect. I'm doing the chip and FIPK for now, then cat back once I'm convinced it will sound good enough not to annoy the family. After all, it's hard loaded, including child seat and Scooby Snacks!!

Old 12-09-2000, 12:48 AM
FamilyRide,

Thanks for the reply. I have the 4 corner load leveling suspension. I will check this weekend underneath the dash on the passenger's side and see if I can get to the ECU to get the code.

As far as mods, just check out my signature. I have the MagnaFlow catback exhaust system. It isn't too loud, but it definitely gives you a good roar when you give it some gas. At highway speeds, it isn't too noticeable. As far as gains, they were apparent but minimal. Also, have you installed your chip yet? If so, were there any problems you encountered? How about the performance from the chip? Was it noticeable? Thanks.

------------------
98 Green Eddie Baur Expedition 4x4, 5.4L
3.73 gears, Four corner LLS, tan leather
Modifications:
Stereo Attenna replaced with smaller one
Green Monochromatic Paint Job (EB trim and bumpers)
Billet grilles
18in Lexani chrome rims wrapped w/ Bridgetone Duellers H/P
MagnaFlow Dual Rear Exhaust
Air Force One Air intake
Lowered 1.5in all around (by Full Effect)
Front clear corner lenses
Two front/side windows tinted.
Stereo:
Eclipse 7002 in-dash LCD monitor
Eclipse 5962 in-dahs 6 disc cd changer (had to modify behind dash to install)
Accele TV tuner w/ 2 diversity antennas mounted on each power quarter window
Accele Hi-Fi VCR custom installed in front console
Alpine 8081 digital alarm with paging system
Coming Attractions:
Superchip
JL stealthbox
and possibly upgrading to 20in rims
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293835369

Old 12-09-2000, 03:51 AM
Old 12-09-2000, 01:55 PM
drcarrillo,

No, I haven't ordered it yet. I'll probably get it ordered this week. I may go ahead and order the Airaid FIPK as well.

I'm considering the Side Swept from Gibson, although I've read a couple of posts about Gibson and the fit and finish and durability. Now finsh, well it's a muffler so I'm not to concerned about how good it looks. Fit however, I'm not wanting to do any major cutting and mangling to get one to fit right. I'll keep looking into that.

I tried to get some info. from Borla but all I got was a part number (for what I'm not sure) and a number to a dealer in some other state. Can't say much for Borla's CS....

Edlebrock has a cat back for the 2000 Expey as well and I'm familiar with them from the last 25 years so maybe.....

------------------
2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x2
Estate Green
5.4 ltr
3:55 LS rear
Tow Package
Rear Load Leveling
Moonroof

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 12-09-2000).]

Old 12-10-2000, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi drcarrillo,

Apparently your passenger's doorframe code sticker is missing, as what you found on the back of the driver's door, the sticker that says "calibration" on it, is not what we're looking for.

As Family Ride mentioned, the computer is mounted inside the cabin, to the right of the dash assembly, and above the passenger's kick panel. It is mounted so that it's almost all in teh cabin, though the first inch will protrude thru an opening in the firewall, just so it can connect to it's wiring harness. The computer will be held to it's mounting bracket by a black pressure clip. There will be another code sticker right there on the back of the computer, and you usually have to remove the black pressure clip to see the sticker, as they usually place the black pressure clip right over top of that code sticker.

If you have any trouble finding it, give us a call and we can walk you thru this very easily.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 12-10-2000, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Family Ride,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it appears that your 2K Expy's computer is in the same location as originally mentioned and have in the documentation, or so it would seem from your post. Glad to hear it, that makes life simpler for us, as we don't have to do that update to the ducumentation (until they make their next change, of course!).

I was starting to go thru the rounds fo finding one to rent to examine & do the update on, so I'm glad that isn't necessary, at least for now.

Did you ever determine just what that was with the 2-part harness over on the driver's side of the firewall on your Expy? Just curious......

By the way, everything we've ever heard about the Gibson exhausts always said that their fit & ease of installation was top-notch, for what that may be worth to you. We don't do exhaust work of course, so I can't say we've installed that exhaust on that vehicle, but all of our customers with Gibsons have always said they were easy to install, no "field mods" were needed. Hope that helps.........

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 12-10-2000).]

Quick Reply: code for Superchip