Throttle Body/Chip

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear that you are satisfied. I was wondering if something like that would be worth the work. If you think 3 mph difference, it's probably atleast 1/4 to 1/2 of a second to go through 3 mph so that's maybe 1 - 1/2 car lengths better you would think?

Congrats, keep us posted if you get actual numbers.

Old 07-25-2004, 05:58 PM
yeah, like I said, it's not an exact science, but I just want to make sure that I'm making the most out of the 9100, because I know that is where the REAL difference is. Hopefully the polished TB like the MAC intake and Magnaflow exhaust, it will compliment the 9100.

I went ahead and installed the Gatorback serpentine belt while I was getting dirty and I'll soon put on the underdrive pullies and maybe some electric fans. They should all come together nicely.

Old 07-25-2004, 06:15 PM
hey chevy sniper did you polish your tb elbow the way neal sugest or did you use a dremel and also was it easy to pull off and do wanting to do mine this week thanks 72 mustang

Old 07-25-2004, 06:24 PM
yes and no....

I used the 3" paddle sanding wheels, but ran into problems with them. I couldn't get some of the crevices so I went after it with the dremmel in those areas. The dremel wouldn't cover enough area, it lelt what looked like little pencil marks. Being so late at night when I did this, nothing was open so I just cut the paddle wheels down to about an inch in diameter. Worked like a charm. Neal knows his stuff and I'm sure he's a better mechanic but I couldn't get the 3" wheels to work worth a darn. I would suggest 1 or 1 1/2 inch wheels.

I think it really is worth it and now that I know how to do it, it wouldn't take me that long. If you don't have any other modifacations you probably shouldn't waste your time, because it's not mind boggeling power difference, but if you have other mods, GO FOR IT....

Old 07-25-2004, 06:40 PM
tb

72 mustang agian the mods i have are 3in mac catback mac 75mm tb underdrive pullies from mike and k&n cold air want soon 9100 and elec fans truck is 5.4 also thanks 72 mustang

Old 07-25-2004, 07:26 PM
I would definetly do it then. You have almost the same mods I have and want. I have a 3" MagnaFlow, MAC intake just ordered my 9100 last week, should be here soon. I'm going to get the electric fans and pullies next.

Old 07-25-2004, 10:19 PM
hey chevy sniper please post tread when you get your 9100 share your good times you will like the underdrive pullies i did notice a difference on my screw i looking at the madfan diy elec fan kit for my screw and thanks for the tb info 72 mustang

Old 07-26-2004, 12:53 AM
will do ....

I just have a couple more things to do to my truck and be done with it...(wishful thinking) I want to get the rhino lining spayed, Fabtech lift, 35" tires re-gear to 4.11s, pullies, and electric fans.

that's all I can think of right now and that's what I'm saving for out of my allowance from my wife.

I've thought about putting a supercharger on it, but then again I'm not going to be drag racing it...well, at least not at the track..

I love my truck!

if you need any help with your tb let me know...

Old 07-26-2004, 04:05 AM
re: porting TB

I am thinking about doing it if it isn't that hard... Neal said to use a Drill not a dremmel... Can I just take the drill I have and use that?

What all is needed to do it. When I buy my chip or tuner, I can have them take into account the TB and elbow on top of the intake and exhuast and see if i can't squeeze a few more HP out of this beast..

I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions on doing this.

GOD I need to order that damn chip or tuner already.. *heavy sigh*

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2004, 12:11 PM
PhatNav

You definetely need to get the tuner or chip or which ever you prefer. Give Mike a call and talk to him about what best fits your needs. I'm sure he will know all about your computer code and what would be the best way to go.

When I get home from work today I'll try my best to give you a play-by-play of what you have to do on the tb. It might be a little different on the PhatNav, but similar.

www.troyerperformance.com

Don't forget to give Mike a call and discuss your options.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:18 PM
re

Thanks ChevySniper! I am working like mad today and haven't even had time to check email/forums. But that would be great for a little guidline in porting mine, to see if it is something I can even do or not.

Thanks in advance,
JD

Old 07-27-2004, 09:53 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
One thing you should consider; when you have the part off do it all. Go for the full effect. Even if it involves taking that extra step and a few hours more work. When it is all said and done that little extra will add up. Say you add headers after, that little extra removal and polishing will allow those headers to flow even more. We are not talking hundreds of Hp but every little bit helps. You may not be street racers but the next time you line up a Dodge or a Chevy and are bumper to bumper with them think back and remember, If only I had gone the extra mile I would be in front.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 07-27-2004, 03:23 PM
port and polish tb

hey guys and gals well i finshed porting and polishing my tb and the frist thing i noticed it idles smoother like chevy sniper said also no more whistle from my mac 75mm tb my truck seems like it has less hestion when your rolling down the road and punch it it also seems like its sucking alot more air in she isnt a tire buring screw yet but after every mod i have put on this truck it is helping just whish it would shift harder thank 72 mustang

Old 07-27-2004, 07:28 PM

Hey buddy, congratulations...now you gotta get the 9100 or similar...That will make it shift harder. Before I took it out, I had the Diablo stage 2 chip and it would chirp the tires when it hit 2nd gear. The first time I drove it after installing the chip it jerked my left hand off of the steering wheel when it shifted. ( I wasn't ready for it to have such a shift )

Anyways, my SuperChips 9100 custom tune is on the way and I can't wait..

Quick Reply: Throttle Body/Chip