AIRRAID INPUT IS IT LOUD OR NOT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2000, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post AIRRAID INPUT IS IT LOUD OR NOT?

Well just did the Chip thanks to Mike Troyer, now wanting the AIRRAID system.
Keep in mind this is my wifes car........
IS IT LOUD OR NOT under normal conditions?
Please give me some input.

Thanks

Bryan pritchard/Tactical Weaponry
www.tacticalweaponry.com

Old 12-11-2000, 03:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Bryan,

No, they're only louder when you step down on it, then it sounds kinda like an old 4-bbl. In "normal" driving, you usually dont' hear anything.

It basically gives you the kind of intake "moan" you used to get with older 4-bbl. motors when you romp down on it, that's all. You won't find it objectionable at all, and neither will any passengers, in my humble opinion.

Good luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 12-11-2000, 03:30 PM
Thumbs up

DITTO

------------------
98 Nascar Edition, Superchip, Airaid, Flowmaster 70 series, bedliner, in bed tool box, Profile bug deflector and window vents, Class III receiver hitch.

Old 12-12-2000, 05:20 PM
If your mufflers are quiet enough, then you will here the intake moan. The moan is louder under load. And from what I have read, the alloy intake moans a little louder that the plastic, like the K&N.

I have the K&N FIPK and the mellow true dual exhaust and they work way too good together. The 40+k sports cars hate it when they try to cut me off in traffic, and can't keep up.

------------------
Drive it like ya stole it,

Terry Deaton
99 F150 XLT, Bright Red, 2WD, 4.6, S/C, S/B, Superchip, K&N FIPK, FMS 9mm, +4s, Nerfs, Leer Top, Cow Catcher W/Bright A$$ Lights, True Duals with hi flow cats and Magnaflow Lightning Style, 275 Dunlops with 3.08 gears, fat swaybars, Steeda front and Hellwig rear, 3.5" Fabtech spindles with 2" blocks, B/E Performance Shift kit with B&M Cast Deep Pan, Steeda Billit Pedals.
Coming Soon: 4.10s and Auburn Diff, Eibach Front Coils and Add a Leafs, Underdrive Pullies and Kick A$$ Shocks.
96 SVT COBRA (almost stock)
98 AERO black w/lotsa chrome
Speed Kills, drive a Chevy and live forever.
http://www.geocities.com/terrydeaton.geo/index7.htm

Old 12-14-2000, 09:14 PM
Full Auto,

I installed my Airaid today. It was pretty easy. The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was the fit of the valve cover breather hose and ICS supressor hose (the only 2 hoses) I had to work to get an decent fit. Keep in mind I'm really picky. I would have loved to have seen bent tubing that fit perfectly. Other than that, it's a quality fit and looks good. Took me about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Anyhow, the first test was with the hood open standing on the running board revving it. Under hard rev you could hear what sounded like the secondaries of a quiet 4brl opening up. I took it out with the windows open to see if I could hear it. Again, under normal driving, nothing noticable. Nail it and you get the throaty open 4brl sound. I think with a mellow cat back it would balance out to a nice head turning sound that might get some confused looks if yours still looks completely stock as mine does.

By the way, I ordered mine here last Saturday night and it made it to Dallas Thursday morning. I thought that was pretty quick.

New chip should be here Friday morning and I'll have it in by noon (fingers crossed).

------------------
2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x2
Estate Green
5.4 ltr
3:55 LS rear
Tow Package
Rear Load Leveling
Moonroof
Airaid FIPK
Superchip has arrived!

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 12-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 12-14-2000).]

Old 12-16-2000, 12:39 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Family Ride,

Nice post on your Airaid installation!

Looks like you're experiencing what most of us have, it's pretty quiet in normal driven, but when you romp down on the throttle good, it sounds like the secondaries opening up.

You're right, with an Airaid and a nice cat-back system, you'll turn heads when you romp on it, as it definately sounds authoritative!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: AIRRAID INPUT IS IT LOUD OR NOT?