Did I screw up buying a JET CHIP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2000, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Did I screw up buying a JET CHIP?

OK some tell me I should have bought a Super chip. Does anyone have knowlege or experience with a Jet Chip?

97 F150 4x4,5.4,gibson cat back,k&n fc,jet chip

Old 12-17-2000, 06:56 PM
HSP
Banned
Thumbs down

I suggest you take a look at the Diablo chip. This chip by far is the best one to hit the market. I have friends who have used Jet Chip, Super Chip and they switched to the Diablo Chip and they were blown away by the performance and torque gains. You will notice a quicker throttle response and acceleration. No cutting wires or panels, very easy installation. 30 Day money back gaurantee! Go to www.horsepower-plus.com for more information.

------------------
Bill Casimir
www.horsepower-plus.com

Old 12-18-2000, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi kr6el,

Well, the first thing to ask yourself is, are *you* happy with the results? And if so, then don't worry about it. Sure, we'd like everyone to have a Superchip, we sell them and no other simply because nobody else has a comparable product, let alone a superior product, but *you* are the only person that has to be happy with your purchases.

Yes, a number of people here have used the Jet chip, or the Hypertech chip, etc. and then switched over to the Superchip, and are much happier as a result. In every case here on F-150 Online where people have posted that they used a Hypertech or a Jet chip and then the Superchip on these F-150's, they have always preferred the Superchip.

The key differences between the Superchip and all the other chips for these vehicles are these 2 points: the Superchip is programmed for the exact software revision that was loaded into your vehicle's computer from the factory, whereas the others are mostly "generic", meaning they are programs that are compromised to run on all similar vehicles; for example, only one program for all 1998 4.6 automatic F-150's. This is important as there are 80-150 different factory programs for these F-150's in each model year, and so the only way to properly optimize the powertrain programming is to do a different program for each and every one of them, which is exactly what we do, and the others do not.

The Superchip is also the only one that tunes not only across the entire rpm range, but also tunes and adds power at *all* throttle positions, so you get improvements all the time, not just when you are at WOT (wide-open throttle), like the others. The reason behind all of this is the structure of the emissions laws; during WOT (wide-open throttle) operation, there are no emissions standards that have to be met at all, most people aren't aware of this fact, so if a chipmaker only tunes on full-throttle, then your R&D costs are drastically reduced as you don't have to get independant certification for emissions compliance, etc., but you also get a program that only works at full-throttle, and we don't program like that, as that does nothing for driveability, towing, potential mileage gains, etc. Also, the Superchip is 50-state emissions certified incuding C.A.R.B. certification. Nobody else tunes at all throttle positions so you get a power gain all the time and also has the 50-state certifications as well.

You see, Superchips is the company that invented this entire industry, back in 1983, and is also the only aftermarket powertrain programming company to be hired directly by the world's major automakers, like Ford, GM, Rover, Porsche, Honda, Renault, and many more. Having the experience of working directly for the automakers gives Superchips the insight, expertise & experience that you cannot get anywhere else, no matter what name is on the package, and it is Superchips that everyone compares themselves to and sets their sights on, etc.

The bottom line here is that *you* are the only person that has to be happy with what you do to your truck, and if you're happy with what the Jet chip is doing for you, then stick with it and enjoy it. If not, then please feel free to give us a shout, our contact info is just below, and we're always happy to help.

Merry Christmas, & best of luck with your truck whatever you decide!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 12-18-2000, 03:05 PM
Cool

Well put Mike, Kr6el i have a jet chip in my ford 150 super cab 4x4 xlt sport pkg. 4.6 triton, im not really impressed with it at all, if you want that chip to work, your foot better be to the mat, if your sitting a stop light and put the gas pedal to the floor, it is no different than stock until the rpm gets up there close to the shift point, and then it starts to work, and its not that great, i called jet once before to ask them what octain i should run in my truck, they said 87 to 89. Dose not sound right, for a performance chip to use regular gas, any how thats my 2 cents.

[This message has been edited by 4 wheeler (edited 12-18-2000).]

Old 12-18-2000, 04:00 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kr6el:
OK some tell me I should have bought a Super chip. Does anyone have knowlege or experience with a Jet Chip?

97 F150 4x4,5.4,gibson cat back,k&n fc,jet chip
</font>

Old 12-19-2000, 10:33 PM
Man, I tried the jet chip and I am so glad I sent it back prior to the 30 day return policy and got the superchip. I'm not saying you screwed up but I think the superchip works alot better.

------------------
1999 F-150 Lariat SC 2 WD, White/Silver, 5.4L, 3.55LS, K & N FIPK, Superchip, underdrive pulley set, Dynomax Super Turbo Series Exhaust, six disc CD changer, towing package and captain chairs

Quick Reply: Did I screw up buying a JET CHIP?