2001 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Expedition

My 2001 Expedition has a 4.6L and I think a chip might be a good idea. I want to run regular 87 octane gas. Is there a chip that is cheap enough to be worth wile for this setup.

Old 07-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Cool

Hi McNab:

Welcome to F150 Online! I'm relatively new myself to the forums, but since I have a 2001 Expedition with a Troyer Superchips 9100 Micro-Tuner, I thought I'd respond to you.

What is it you hope to accomplish with the "chip"? If you want more horsepower, torque, better shifting and perhaps an increase in gas mileage, then you have the right idea! However, your correct in that any gain in performance is limited by your original "set up". Whether a chip is "cheap enough" is very subjective. A gain of 1 to 3 m.p.g. over a years time (given the price of gasoline now) might more than pay for any initial investment you make in a quality "chip"/Micro-Tuner.

Research it out on these forums. There's the "Search" button on the top of the page that will allow you to find all kinds of info. that is applicable to your situation. You'll learn so much!

I purchased my 9100 Micro-Tuner from Mike Troyer at Troyer Performance. I did so after doing the same research that I am suggesting for you to do. Mike's user name is Superchips_Distributor and he has all the info. you need contained in his posts so that you can make an informed decision for yourself.

Hope this helps you!

DeeAnna

Old 07-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Question for 1miamifan

It sounds like you have the same expedition that I have. I was wondering if you had any pics of it that you could share? I also wanted to ask you about the chip that you installed.

I average 14.0 mpg with my expy with the 5.4. When you installed your chip, did you notice an increase with gas? I dont want to have to go to the 91 octane chip because of gas cost. But, I do pull a boat once in a while, but other than that, I am going to leave this one stock for the most part. But I would love some tips on getting some better gas mileage.

My email is stephen.dudra@fljack.ang.af.mil.

Drop me a line sometime.

Stephen

Quick Reply: 2001 Expedition