Mike, How do you mount switch on 4 program chip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 06:06 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike, How do you mount switch on 4 program chip?

I got everything today (SAT) and am now installing. I don't see any way to mount the switch on the 4 program chip. Any suggestions?
Also, is it ok to shift from one program to another with the engine running or is this a real NO-NO?

Thanks again Mike, your customer service is second to none.

Now to get this stuff installed...

Old 07-31-2004, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... WLF : All I did was route the switch harness from the chip up under the dash and leave it sit directly behind the cig lighter door. This way if I need to change programs I just open the door and twist. Helps keep it hidden that way. Watch how much you twist the **** though. The chip is a 4 program chip but the switch has like 8 indications on it. If you go past your 4 programs the truck will stall out.

Old 08-01-2004, 02:55 AM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Neal, I'll give that a try.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi WLF,

Glad to hear everything made it Saturday!

Looking at the pictures in your 6600's documentation will show you exactly how to connect the modular cable/switch assembly to the chip - it's a simple modular plug, and you just push one end of the cable into the only place on the chip where you can plug anything in - the chip's modular plug receptacle, as shown in the docs. (The docs I'm talking about are folded up and inserted underneath the inner packaging for the chip - there are 2 sets of docs for the chip, not just one set.)

Then you mount the switch on the *other* end of that cable wherever you want, just as long as it's within the cable's length, it doesn't matter. I suggest the glove box, that makes a neat installation location for the switch end of the cable.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Mike, How do you mount switch on 4 program chip?