SC Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC Programmer

I bought a 1704 for my 04 6.0 PSD. I ran it and it says the programmer needs an update... What is going on with it? Return it?

Old 08-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id give the people you bought it from a call to find out what the problem is.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Simply put, send it in for the update. And to do that, you have to first do what the Micro Tuner told you on it's LCD screen when you tried to program your vehicle - which was "Call Superchips." They'll give you an RMA# to send it in to them, and they'll do the update and shoot it right back out to you. They do the work free, and pay for the return shipping to get it back to you.

This isn't a Micro Tuner problem actually - you just have one of two things going on there - either a vehicle whose PCM software revision has been changed since it was built (like a dealer reflash before you even took delivery) - or - it was built so recently that it's PCM revision simply hasn't even been released to the aftermarket yet. Either way it doesn't matter, the same thing applies to take care of it - the Micro Tuner has stored a copy of your new trucks' stock program, so now you just need to call the manufacturer at the number listed in your documentation, and Superchips will be happy to take care of this right away for you.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: SC Programmer