What is good for my 4.6 l

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is good for my 4.6 l

I dont really understand the computer chips much so I was wondering what would e the most beneficial tuner for my 1999 F-150 XL 4.6L? what kind of gains will I get and how much am I looking to pay? Thanks for any info

Old 08-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi "Hondaman,"

Welcome aboard!

What will get you the best result is our custom tuning for that truck (we've specialized in F-150 performance tuning for a long time) - just spend a little time reading the posts in this section, and you'll quickly see a lot of people using our custom tuning who have posted their impressions, results, etc. All the info you could possibly want in that regard is here for the reading - there is also an excellent Search feature, too.

Without knowing the exact condition of the vehicle, it's configuration, and all of it's performance modifications (if any), as well as the exact type of tune will be appropriate for that vehicle and how you use it, we cannot give you any exact power gain numbers - it is a 1999 model, so it could be anything from a 200K mile truck with great maintenance to a 70K mile truck with original spark plugs, O2 sensors, etc. (poorly maintained). But just speaking in general on the non-PI 4.6 F-150's like your 1999, figure that a healthy and very well maintained 220 Hp 4.6 F-150 (what you have) is going to gain an easy 20-26 HP at the real wheels from our custom tuning for premium gas, and some gain even more.

Performance-wise, figure you'll drop an easy 5-7 tenths off your 0-60 & 1/4 mile times, and you may see as much as a full second+ off the 1/4 mile times - it just depends on your vehicle's configuration (body, 2WD or 4WD, gear ratio, tire size, etc), condition, location (fuel quality, altitude), etc. And of course the top sped limiter will be removed, automatic transmissions will shift much better, etc.

The single best bang-for-the-buck performance enhancement is our custom tuning for these vehicles, as nothing else for the same or less cost will improve performance more - now that doesn't mean it's going to feel like a supercharger for 1/10th or 1/20th the price, of course - it simply means that a properly optimized performance program is the best bang for the buck - not only for your vehicle, but for most computer controlled vehicles.

To go over all the specifics, such as price (which cannot be discussed here on the boards as per the rules of F-150 Online), what you can expect for results from your particular truck, etc., give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to go over all of that with you, tell you about what's going on in the stock factory program (tune) of that particular F-150, etc.

Also, drop by our web site at www.TroyerPerformance.com and spend some time reading up on our various tuning products - again, for the best result in terms of everything from MPG to sheer power & performance, you'll want to go with our *custom* tuning. Here's a link to follow to our web site, and once you are there, read up specifically on our Part#'s 6600 & 9100 - those are our custom 4-program chip and our 3-program custom Micro Tuner, respectively - and those are the two best & most flexible products to choose from in terms of getting our custom tuning, which is what will get you the best results. There are other products listed there, but either one of those two (6600 or the 9100) are the "hot tip." You'll see lots of details, etc. there - here's the link: http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...chips%3BFoMoCo

We really should talk by phone so we can go over all the details about your vehicle, from configuration to it's mileage and maintenance history, etc., so we can really give you the detailed "scoop" - so I suggest calling us when you get a chance.

Happy reading, & best of luck with your truck!

Quick Reply: What is good for my 4.6 l