mike troyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up mike troyer

hey mike
enjoyed meeting you at bristol.i like doing buisness with someone that realy knows what they are selling.(we spoke about 1715 tuner for my blackwood)see ya later
ps. next time bring anita

Old 08-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Fun-Ford,

Sure, I remember seeing you there, nice meeting you in person!

By the way, Anita actually *was* there with us the whole time - but when you came by, I think she was our running around doing some errands, etc., so you just missed her, unfortunately. She had to do quite a bit of running around, as did a couple of Our crew who were racing.

I can't remember the last time we did an event without her, she's a critical part of our operation (she's also my wife, so if I don't say that, I die an ugly death).

Al kidding aside, thanks for dropping by to talk with us at Bristol!

Old 08-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Mike, I ordered my new clutch today, so once I get it in and broke in I will set something up so we can do the necessary data logging to make the changes we discussed at Bristol.
It was nice seeing you and my little sister Anita again. Had fun hanging out with you as is the normal.
See you soon.
Oh, by the way, if I hadn't missed that damn 2 to 3 shift Sunday I would have gone at least 3 rounds. Had an .033 light against a much faster cars .056 in the 2nd round and then I just missed the shift. I spoke to the guy after we returned to the pits and he said that he thought he would have never caught me but then it appeared that I just stopped or something.
Out of the 16 passes I put on the car this weekend, 15 of them were with-in .014 of each other, and the mph''s were all 90.5 to
90.8. You have this baby running some consistent numbers brother!!! Now if only I could do my part....

Old 08-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Marc,

That Cobra of yours is running dead-nuts consistent - that long string of 7.70's was nothing short of amazing. And given the absolutely horrific track conditions at Bristol, I'd say it was darned near miraculous! That takes not just a well tuned car, but more importantly, a darned capable driver.

I made all of one pass, accomplished a fruitless 1/8th mile smoke show, and just parked it. That's what I get for not bringing my slicks - the traction at Bristol was literally the second-worst I have ever seen in over 30 years. Normally I cut mid-1.70's on the stock F1's with that truck, my previous *worst* 60' time on the F1's was 1.84, a few years ago at lower power levels. Bristol had at least 1/4" thick rubber build up that was not being scraped between rounds, and no VHT was being laid down that I saw, either - terrible conditions. So for you to be running that long string of 7.70's with very consistent short times in the 1.7's was simply amazing - heck of a driving job, Marc.

You only miss that 2-3 shift every once in a great while (as do many others on occasion), it's not anything consistent or frequent, etc. Had that not happened, you had a very good shot of winning your FFW class with the lights you cut & the incredible consistency - bracket racing at it's finest.

I liked the ball shifter setup you ran at Bristol much better than the long handle setup you ran previously - seems much easier to shift consistently with. Might be worth trying the gate idea & leaving the ball **** in place - it just felt good to me, but then I'm not the one banging the gears!

Best of luck whatever you decide on that, & let me know how you like that new clutch you went with too - I'll be very interested in hearing how you feel about it's engagement (and pedal effort) once installed.

Have fun,

Quick Reply: mike troyer