Superchip Install Instructions for 1993 F150

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Superchip Install Instructions for 1993 F150

Hello again Mike,

I received the Superchip this afternoon for my 1993 Ford F150 Supercab with the 5.0L engine and computer code Z2D1.

I want to verify I have the right chip. The yellow sales receipt has 93F15050A Z2D1 hand written on it but the printed invoice says "SUPERCHIP: 97/F150/Z2D1/5.0A" I want to verify this is the correct chip before doing the install.

Also the instructions on the location of the computer are incorrect for my year model. The instructions are for the newer models showing the computer more or less in the open behind the PASSENGERS side kick panel.

Mine is located behind the DRIVERS side kick panel and parking brake assembly. When you remove these two items there is a very thick metal plate that has small cutouts in it and you can see the computer but I'm not sure you can remove it this way to clean the contacts. I can see the black clip though. It doesn't look like it's feasible to try and remove the thick metal plate.

Question: Once I remove the wiring harness connected to the computer from the firewall side, will I be able to remove the computer through the firewall in order to clean the contacts.

Thanks again Mike,
Judson Smith

Work Phone: 478-926-8034
Work Email: jgsmith@wr.disa.mil

Old 03-08-2001, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Judson,

You posted this same post in a couple of places here, so I won't repeat our response, you can just see our response to your first post.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 03-08-2001, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea,,,I know,,,I goofed....

I meant to put your name in the subject field, couldn't change it after saving so I just created another one with your name in it.

Thanks again for the help on the phone earlier today.

Judson

Quick Reply: Superchip Install Instructions for 1993 F150