MYSPEEDLIMITER

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile MYSPEEDLIMITER

My speedlimiter is still stopping me at 98mph. Has an one had this same problem? The Superchip did great things for my 99 4.2L V6. I just hate getting beat in the long run. Ive already put more than 2000 miles on the chip.

------------------

Old 03-19-2001, 02:41 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi fatjoe200+,

Some of these vehicles (usually it's V-6's more often than not) will have a software revision in their computers that use different methods of implementing the top speed limiter. If we haven't had a chance to have that particular vehicle with that same computer code in on the dyno to do the reverse-engineering to find how they've done it in that code, that can sometimes happen.

This can also happen if your tires are not the original size, as if there is a conflict between the VSS & the other data streams the ECU looks at to confirm VSS (vehicle speed sensor) data, then a "secondary" limiter will kick in that usually cannot be defeated without having access to the vehicle.

This will not change with more miles, that will stay like that until the program is changed.

Because everyone uses screen names here on F-150 Online, I do not know your real name, & thus I don't know at this exact moment if you are our customer or not (meaning whether you purchased it from us here at Performance Products), but if you can, please give us a call when you get a chance and let's discuss this. We may be able to have Superchips take another look at that program for you, we'll need to see what code you have. Just give us a quick call, and we'll be happy to go over that with you, ok? Thanks!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer