Be Careful of Superchips, dyno results actuals

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2001, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

YA BABY YA!!!! WHAT A RACK
(.)(.)

------------------
1999 Ford F-150 xlt .supercab, 4x4 sport pkg. 4.6 Triton, Black with grey int,A.R.E. Lid, ford bug deflector,Q-Forms,eclipes head unit,and speakers,kicker solo's for subs,1000 watt amp. Flow master 70 series, K&N drop in,jet chip .will be geting a superchip.

Old 01-08-2001, 09:15 PM
JMC I drew straws yesterday to see who would protect my back but the junior high school kids I teach said that that was immature and a little caddy, so I just am going to have to brave it alone. GROW UP! If you want a superduperchip than buy one or be happy with the one you have but don’t start this sophomoric BS about slander and such.

Kindest regards

Bubba

Old 01-08-2001, 10:31 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Bubba,

Maybe if people stuck to the facts.. Maybe if people were more civil.. High school has changed hasn't it.. Again if ever you need help as a fellow member just ask, you might be surprised.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 01-09-2001, 12:44 AM
Another thing to consider is the difference between wide open throttle and part throttle operations.

Does the Superchip add any power at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle? Personally, I drive there a lot more often than full throttle. The dyno will tell you nothing about part throttle performance.

My seat of the pants on MY truck indicates the Superchip gives a significant gain in power where I drive it most.

Old 01-10-2001, 07:24 AM
Trying to think of something to "troll" with but I got ORBs on the brain!

Great way to break the tension!

Old 01-10-2001, 07:36 AM
"Look at the fun-bags on that hose hound!"

-Dumb & Dumber

Old 01-10-2001, 10:46 PM
I'd like to experience getting my unit high-centered on those mounds.

Old 01-11-2001, 03:49 PM
So... I am a chevy owner, and IU know you all don't like me, but I think I can shed some new light on this subject... I will begin with my old Jetta
My Jetta chip increased power driveability and gas milage, and this is because it was tuning the engina at ALL throttle positions..
I find this to be important....

Next we have my tahoe... When shopping for a superchip, I was told that I could not have one because their module would take the stock program out and put the new one in... However they didn't do their research, and some of the ecus were different, so it would eat the program and not be able to put the new one in or replace the stock one, rendering the car useless... That to me does not sound like a good company... Shouldn't they have known that in the first place???? Anyway I moved on to a JET chip, and it sucks too... ONly full throttle tuning, for 20 cents in gas... I am gonna rip it out next week.... Also one of the companys i order parts from told me that superchips dropped off the face of the earth for anout 2 months and that they didn't know if they went under or what.... I don't think that the big 3 chip companys give a rats *** about putting out a quality product... Otherwise they wouldn't have people like us asking why their products aren't any good to us... Hey superchip guy.. how about tuning at ALL throttle positions???? Also why don't you offer custom tuning for additional aftermarket mods??? ie exhaust intake headers???

THANX for hearing out chevy boy all!!!!

Old 01-11-2001, 06:45 PM
Hey chevy guy, I think you might be a little confused here.There is a superchips company and a superchip company.The superchip company is the one Mike works for and they do tune at all throttle positions and can tune for other modifications done to motors(headers, superchargers,port& polishing etc...)Superchips is the crapola brand that only tunes at wide open throttle and can't tune for mods.Hope this helps.

Old 01-12-2001, 12:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... ADIDASCU : The company you are probably thinking of is ADS SUPERCHIP or SUPERCHIP INC. The company's chips that MIKE TROYER sells are from SUPERCHIPS INC. It's plural. The other company tried to make their company look and sound exactly like SUPERCHIPS INC so to get some of their buisness, hoping people would mistake their crappy chip for SUPERCHIPS great one. The SUPERCHIPS chip works all the time and can be modified for certain major modifications like porting,superchargers and headers.

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK"
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS.

FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, CUSTOM SUPERCHIP FLIP-CHIP, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, SHM "RACE WATER PUMP, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150, LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 330H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 01-17-2001, 03:04 AM
Editorial:

I have only read the first page of posts in this thread, but am convinced that DanKryszczuk initially had the intentions of alerting others of any POTENTIAL false advertising. He just wanted us to be cautious consumers. After all, we have spent many $$,$$$ on our trucks, and don't need to spend any more w/o just cause or rationalization for our purchases. Granted, Dan may have taken it a bit personally, but his conclusions were what he believed to be scientific (and they may have been. Who am I to say?).

Since Dan's original posting, consequential dialog has become "out of control". Enough is enough even. Take it outside.

I have no beef against either of these guys and I can understand the rebuttle between them, but perhaps offline would be a better place for this dialog. Unless others enjoy sorting through the fluff to get to the stuff that REALLY matters to them: Hearing about the real-life experiences of other owners.

I place great value in this board as I find it to be very informative and the people very courteous and loyal. However, I find the clutter of 3 LONG pages (and counting) of personal dialog (and thus responses to) to be misplaced here and counter to this board's original intentions. Don't get my intentions wrong here. I just want to be able to click on a topic, spend minimal time reading, and take something valuable away from it, knowing that I have better educated myself through the experiences of others. Period. Nuff said. Just my $.02.

Old 01-17-2001, 04:35 AM
Thumbs up

I hate to agree with Dan here but as I was building my Mustang I dynoed it after each modification. And yes it was done by a pro at Race Engine Design. After installing my superchip I got a 10hp gain so like Dan I called Tech Support. And now to agree with Mike I was very nicely informed of my mistake about not draining the voltage. As soon as I hung up the phone I disconnected my battery cable and drained all voltage ran the car for about a week and re dynoed it and very pleased to see app. a 25hp increase and yes I ran 93 octane before during and after the test its all i run. Now I'm the proud owner of a 99 F-150 4.2L and did I hear something about a discount because its about third on my list and it will be a superchip.
UB

Old 03-23-2001, 01:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey dan, february has come and gone, where are those testing result you were going to do?

Old 03-23-2001, 03:26 PM
Exclamation

Good gosh, first time that I've seen this thread. I wasted some valuable company time reading that stuff. Great posts! Great education!

Thanks for resurrecting BROTHERDAVE. I am very curious on his results as well.

I seriously doubt that DanKryszczuk will respond, he hasn't said a word since Jan. 4th. I cam curious as to his results.

...his results might be correct...or incorrect, I don't know. I am imagining that Superchip and Performance Products sales have not been negativly affected by his posts.

A guarentee would be nice. Doesn't matter, I've spent much more money on very useless stuff and with crappy service. With Superchip, I spent good money for a product I feel improved my truck with EXCELLENT (above and beyond) service from Performance Products.

Just have to make a decision and live with it.

...anyone have a good recipe for toast??

------------------
'99 Ford F-150 Lariat, 4WD, SCab, ORP, LS/3.73, Tow Pkg, 5.4L
* Superchip
* K&N FIPK GEN II
'99 Chrysler 300M, PHP, Sunroof, Premium Infinity Sound, 3.5L
* Borla Cat-Bak
* K&N Filtercharger
www.atlantagamerz.com
www.f150online.com
www.300mclub.org

Old 03-23-2001, 03:58 PM
"Be careful of any saleman, including Mike."
"Be a man, cut out the childish stuff. "

Dude, id like to really punch you right now...

Quick Reply: Be Careful of Superchips, dyno results actuals