AutoTap Data Question for Mike Troyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoTap Data Question for Mike Troyer

Generally, I would not ask this question in the forum.

However, since it's really not a cusomer service issue I would like to know your opinion of which parameters, in accordance with the AutoTap enhanced parameters, do you want to see to adjust the 9100 or any other tuner or chip.

As you are probably aware there are close to a thousand parameters which can be monitored by the AutoTap. The manual suggests that only those parameters that are absolutely necessary be logged to maximize the vehicle computer's update rate.

The information you provided for data logging is very clear. Are there others items which would be helpful?

We have had to reschedule the dynamometer run until next Friday. The guy has a dyno but virtually no equipment to measure and log the data. So we bought the AutoTap to be sure we get the necessary data.

Thanks to Anita and your staff for helping out on Thusday to get the AutoTap out overnight.

Another satisfied customer thanking you for good customer service.

Bob

Old 08-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Bob,

>>>The information you provided for data logging is very clear.<<<

I agree - and therein lies your answer, my friend.

AutoTap doesn't change or introduce any additional parameters - they're already in OBD-II vehicle PCM's. All we care about is what info we need to evaluate just what the engine is actually doing and why.

>>>The manual suggests that only those parameters that are absolutely necessary be logged to maximize the vehicle computer's update rate.<<<

BINGO! That is one of several reasons why we don't list additional unnecessary parameters, we don't want any unnecessary data slowing down the throughput rate.
We want as fast a data sampling rate as is possible for the *important* stuff.

If you have any other questions on this, as we mention in those instructions please give us a call & we'll to go over that with you. I think it would be a good idea for you to call us just before you begin your datalogging - say, on Thursday perhaps, since you're going to the dyno the next day (on Friday). That way you'll know for sure that you're clear on everything, we can review the exact procedures with you, etc.

Enjoy your weekend, & talk to you soon Bob!

Quick Reply: AutoTap Data Question for Mike Troyer