Need to know when to get chip

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need to know when to get chip

Hey this is my first time posting in here but after reading all the posts i know I'll get the anwser I'm looking for. I was curious as to if I should get a superchip now or after I take my truck to Kenny Brown in Indianapolis to get headers, new gears, and possible a supercharger. Also going to get an intake and a few other goodies so that one day I can have stories like Neal. Thanks in advance for your help

Old 04-10-2001, 08:58 PM
Forgot to say what i have. It's a 99 f-150 4x4 with the 5.4. It's already got dual exhaust with a 3 inch lift and 33's

Old 04-10-2001, 11:47 PM
I probably won't be the only one to tell you to get your mods done first and then contact Mike Troyer and let him tell you just what type of Superchip you need. The gears and supercharger will probably require a custom program.

------------------
2000 Harley/Davidson F-150
Lund Bug Deflector
Ventshades
Century "Cargo Cover"
K&N FIPK Gen II
Superchip!!!
89 F-150 Lariat 4X4 for the "dirty work"!

Old 04-11-2001, 03:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Ginuwinestylz,

Well, that all depends on just how soon you are going to do those mods. If you're going to do them in the next couple of weeks, then you might want to wait and do the Superchip after the installation of your other mods, as Snyper mentioned.

But if it's going to be longer than that, you can just get the Superchip and enjoy it now, and then simply have it updated with the custom programming you're goping to need for the gear ratio change and the supercharger at the appropriate time. Since you're going to need custom programming anyway, you're going to want to do this in the 2-program Supechip Flip Chip, as it's $25 cheaper that way when custom programming is involved, and you'll also have more flexibility, with a full performance program and then a fall-back mode as well, in case you get a bad tank of gas, or someone else drives the vehicle, etc.

If you'd like to go over the details (and that's a good idea by the way), please just give us a call at our number below, and we'll be happy to go over everything and all your options, etc. with you, so you can give it some thought.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Need to know when to get chip