MPG with Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink MPG with Superchip

I have only driven a little over 1000 miles since I installed my Superchip, but it looks like my fuel mileage is going to be about like I read it would. If I drive conservatively, it will be better than before the chip. If I drive non-conservatively, it will be about the same or a little worse. Before the chip, I usually got 14.5 to 15 driving to work. Now with the chip, driving to work with a little more in-town miles, and a little bit of non-conserv. driving, I have gotten about 15. A pre-chip long trip on I-10 in winter, and driving about 78 mph, I got 15.5 to 16. This weekend with the chip, driving conservatively, driving the speed limit, highway with a little city mixed in, and using AC, I got 19.4. The return trip that included Atlanta Braves post-game traffic, highway, then a little driving in town, I got 17.8. Here again, I was driving the speed limit, but I did have a couple of times that I stomped it to get into another lane.

Not bad.

------------------
2001 4X2 Supercrew, 5.4L, 3.55 LS Axle LT245/75R-16D Tires Class III Towing
K&N Filter, Gibson Swept Side Exhaust, Superchip

[This message has been edited by DanDothanAL (edited 05-28-2001).]

Old 05-28-2001, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Isn't it great that some mods can not only unleash the potential power but also give better fuel ecconomy! I get an average of 16 mpg. This is with varying driving situations. I don't drive like I did when I was a teenager, but I don't drive like a grandpa either. I figure if I were to get off the gas just a bit I could average about 20 mpg. I'm still young enough to want to enjoy the power, so 16 mpg is OK with me. Well at least untill I can't afford to be on the gas, with the way the prices are going.
Got to love that Superchip!

Tom

------------------
'98 F150 XLT,short bed, STX appearance group, 4.6, 5-speed.
Current mods: K&N air filter, cat back exhaust (Flowmaster 40 w/dual rear side exit), Superchip.
Future mods: short throw shifter, K&N FIPK, lowered suspension, other things seen here!

Old 05-29-2001, 04:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Dan,

Nice numbers, glad to hear it!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: MPG with Superchip