what chip? Diablo or Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what chip? Diablo or Superchip

I want a chip for my powerstroke but can not decide which one to get. Need help!

Old 05-31-2001, 09:25 PM
Banned For
Violating Vendor Rules
Oooh Mike, you really should have done your homework first. Everyone (that's involved with diesels) knows that the test that you're referring to was done halfa** and the results were made to show what they did. Matter of fact, when you go over to Ford-diesel.com you can hardly find one person who endorses the Superchip. Among the diesel market, the DiabloSport chip is just about as good as it gets. With DiabloSports new 4-Bank computer chip, it really puts Superchips and most all other chips to shame. You no longer have to worry about your computer being reprogrammed by a Ford dealer. With the 4-Bank computer chip the chip will still work. You will not have to send the chip back. Also, the DiabloSport chip fits all the way inside the computer. As you know with the 1999 and newer Powerstrokes, the computer will not fit back into it's original location with the Superchip installed but, with the DiabloSport chip that's no problem. You can reinstall the computer to fit just like factory.

Old 06-01-2001, 12:53 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi flash01,

Our opinion is obviously going to be biased, given that we market the Superchip. Superchips has been tuning these Powerstroke diesels far longer than Diablo has. If anyone else had a superior product, that is what we would be selling instead of Superchips, as we don't care about the name on the box, but instead, we care about the actual quality of the powertrain program inside, and that is where the Superchip shines.

The Diablo chips for the Powerstroke diesels can cause exhaust gas temperatures to climb to dangerous levels in our experience. Also, in a dyno test that was done by the fellows over at ford-diesel.com, they had to shut down their dyno test of the Diablo chip for the same reason, due to the EGT very quickly climbing to 1500+ degrees, a very dangerous level. That EGT (exhaust gas temperature) is substantially lower with the Superchip, hundreds of degrees lower, thanks to superior tuning techniques that come from years of R&D. We add 60 horsepower and 115 lbs./ft. of torque with the "standard" program Superchip for the Powerstroke diesels, so it's going to be very noticeable. We can also offer even higher power levels, for use offroad and in racing, where towing & emissions are not a concern.

The Superchip is also 50-state emissions *certified*, and that certification is from C.A.R.B. (caliifornia Air Research Board), and is also recognized by the EPA.

The Superchip for the Powerstroke diesels also doesn't cause you to pour black smoke from the exhaust like some PSD performance chips can, and most people see a nice increase in fuel mileage as well.

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, please feel free to give us a call, we're always happy to speak with you.

Best of luck with your Powerstroke, whatever you decide!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 06-01-2001, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry fastsvtss, but you really couldn't be much further off, nor are you in any way qualified to judge *my* knowledge level, that's a laugh.

I'm not going to waste 1 minute of my time or the bandwidth here arguing with you, as you are simply not qualified to advise anyone in this field.

I stand by what I said, plain and simple, and I wish you well.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 06-01-2001, 08:46 PM
Yes, Diablo makes gas chips too. Look here:

www.pdqperformance.com
www.diablosport.com
www.superchips.com

Old 06-02-2001, 12:42 AM
Diablo for non-diesel also?

Quick Reply: what chip? Diablo or Superchip