after one week ..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2001, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink after one week ..........

After one week testing the superchip i can say that the superchip is better than the jet chip.I can't say that there is more HP but the up/downshifting are mutch better than the jet chip.I don't now if mike make a special program for the dual fuel system (vialle LPI) but it works very nice.Also i can't feel the difference when the car switch from gasolie to the LPI system.

Q. to mike,

when i reset the computer after installing the chip is there any difference when i drive the next 100mile on the highway or in the city????

b.t.w. did you recieve the pencil already???

www.fortuin.nl/carshop

Old 06-03-2001, 05:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi F-150 Europe!

Everyone that has ever tried both the Jet and the same vehicle here on F-150 Online has always preferred the Superchip over the Jet unit hands down, it's not a contest. The Jet unit may add maybe 5 horsepower, that's about it at best.

And yes, you can feel it going to work virtually immediately if you have correctly cleared the ECU. If you didn't clear it properly, then it takes 350-500 miles to fully come in, and it will happen gradually in that kind of situation. All of that is covered in your additional Performance Products documentation that came with your Superchip.

You also have to have a reasonable expectation of what it can do, and that is, about a 10%-12% incrase in power when you use your local 98 octane gasoline, since Europe uses a different method of measuring octane than we do here in America, your 98 octane is what it will take to get the maximum power gain. By the time you've run about 3 tanks of 98 octane thru it in a row, you'll be getting everything it can give. It's never going to feel like a supercharger, but for the money, it's the pest performance enhancer you can install on that vehicle.

I had reservations about how well it was actually going to perform on the alternate fuel in your dual-fuel setup over there in Europe, as we discussed in email for some time, as we have never had a chance to do R&D on a dual-fuel vehicle over in Europe like that, so I'm glad to hear it's working well, excellent!

With regards as to how much of a power gain you'll get from it, on your alternate fuel I really can't say, as I have no knowledge of it's relative energy value versus your local petrol, but on your 98 octane gasoline, it's going to be a solid 10%-12% gain, easily. Your 98 octane is roughly equal to our 94-maybe 95 octane over here, and that is the grade of gasoline required there in Europe for the Superchip tuning to provide it's normal power gains. Here in America, it requries a good 92-93 octane premium gas.

So this is a first, trying a "standard" Superchip on a dual-fuel vehicle in Europe, and so far it looks like it's responding well, I guess I can un-cross my fingers now!

And yes, we got the "pencil" (thank you very much!), and I think it could work nicely for those needing to clean numerous connectors. We'll talk to you privately in email about that.

Thanks for your report back & have fun!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 06-03-2001).]

Quick Reply: after one week ..........