$$$$ FLIPCHIP, HOW MUCH

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question $$$$ FLIPCHIP, HOW MUCH

How much does a flip chip usually cost and where can i get them. and would i be able to install it myself. Im ONLY 17, would i be able to handle it.and there would i install it at. THANKS.

------------------
F-150 2000 Reg. Cab
4.6 manual
K&N Air Filter

Old 05-28-2001, 06:31 PM
Cool

I couldn't tell you how much things cost. I can tell you that I purchased a Superchip from Performance Products (mike Troyer) and I like it a lot!
I can't see where your age would have any effect on your ability to install a chip. It really isn't all that difficult. This question came up a short time ago. You might want to check through that thread to get an idea of what some others think.
Being that I have spent a bit of time here (a lot of reading) I would highly reccomend Purchasing a Superchip flip chip from Performance Products. I believe that it would be unlikely that many others would match the service.
Well thats my unqualified opinion.
Good luck!
Tom

------------------
'98 F150 XLT,short bed, STX appearance group, 4.6, 5-speed.
Current mods: K&N air filter, cat back exhaust (Flowmaster 40 w/dual rear side exit), Superchip.
Future mods: short throw shifter, K&N FIPK, lowered suspension, other things seen here!

Old 05-28-2001, 07:32 PM
hey wittom, what is the adress to this performance product place. thanks for all the info.

------------------
F-150 2000 Reg. Cab
4.6 manual
K&N Air Filter

Old 05-28-2001, 08:03 PM
https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

This is the best place to get info and purchase a Superchip or a Flip Chip.

------------------
2000 Harley/Davidson F-150
Lund Bug Deflector
Ventshades
Century "Cargo Cover"
K&N FIPK Gen II
Superchip!!!
89 F-150 Lariat 4X4 for the "dirty work"!

Old 05-29-2001, 04:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 4RDPWR,

We cannot post pricing of our products here on the message boards, as the Webmaster here has strict policies against that (as it should be), so that these message boards are kept free of that kind of blatant commercial content.

So for an exact price, we ask that you please either give us a call or shoot us an email (our contact info is just below), or you can just click on the link below in our signature line to our online ordering system for the Flip Chip, and that will show you that cost as well.

As long as you can handle simple tools and read directions and follow them, you can install the Superchip, it's not tough. However, we would suggest that you touch base with your parents on this and get their approval, as the Superchip normally removes the top speed limiter, and we don't want you having a high-speed accident!

If you'd like to go over any of the details about the Superchip, please feel free to give us a call, and we'll be happy to go over all of that with you, so you can give it some thought.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 06-02-2001, 02:04 AM
Question

i have another question. my friend was talking about a chip being turned up and down. like the power or somthin. he said in his old truck he could do like 135, but his dad told the guy to turn the chip down in his new truck. what does all this mean and what are they talking about

Old 06-02-2001, 01:53 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi 4RDPWR,

Well, that all depends on what kind of vehicle he's talking about, but the only Ford trucks where power can be significantly "turned up or down" would be a Powerstroke diesel engine. We offer several different power levels for those engines, because they are turbocharged diesel engines. That is not something we offer for any gasoline engines (other than our 87 & 92 octane combo in the Flip Chip), as we're already adding all the power that can safely be added to our gasoline motor applications.

So perhaps it's a Powerstroke diesel he's talking about?

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 06-05-2001, 12:07 AM
in fact it was a f-350 diesel. so i guess you were right.thanks for all the info, you have been a lot of help.

------------------
F-150 2000 Reg. Cab
4.6 manual
K&N Air Filter

Old 06-05-2001, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi 4RDPWR,

Ahh, so it *is* a Powerstroke diesel! OK, than that makes perfect sense.

You're very welcome, anytime!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: $$$$ FLIPCHIP, HOW MUCH