Impressed!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Impressed!!

I've had my 1714 installed for about a week. I chose the 87 octane due to the amount of fuel in the tank at the time of the programming. The first couple of days were a little questionable. The shifts were almost jerky and too often, but it seems as if the programming is working better with each day gone by. I'm still not sure if the speedo is correct, but I will check more into that soon. I installed 35" Toyo tires and you wouldn't know the difference. I have more power with my new 35" tires & the 87 octane program than I had with the stock 275 tires. I'm excited to see what the 91 octane program does. The shifts are still very stiff... almost kind of jerky, but maybe that is normal? I notice the serp belt slipping. I will have to get a better quality belt installed. Mike Troyer sells a top quality belt that will correct the slippage. Any idea what a shop would charge to swap out my serp belts?

Anyway I just wanted to say I think the 1714 is a winner. I get more performance out of this 1714 than I did on my 02 F-150 with the 1715. They both have the 5.4, but the 04 is 3V per cylinder compared to 2V on the 03 5.4.

Thanks for looking!!

One thing I need to do is dissconnect my battery. I installed a TrueFlow cold air intake and it doesn't seem right. I called the shop and they stated it was important for me to dissconnect the battery prior to installation. I thought the programmer would of corrected this, but I guess taking the negative off for 2-3 minutes isn't a big deal. Do you think I should re-install the stock program and then dissconnect the battery? I'd kind of be starting from scratch. What I mean by the intake not seeming right is sometimes when I try to start the truck it doesn't start. I have to turn the key 2-3 times and it appears as if it's trying to get additional air. Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks again....

Last edited by richgonfishn; 09-17-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Computer should learn any mods but a disconnect may speed this up. I have the 1714 but havent added a air intake since ford has one installed. Been waiting to see dyno difference between stock and aftermarket for comparison.

Old 09-18-2004, 12:56 PM
AirForce 1

Keep your eyes open on Mikes website. It's my understanding the AirForce 1 is about to be released for the 04. I'm sure they'll post the Dyno's soon. I bought the TrueFlow because it was the only CA legal setup, but I'm not 100% happy with it. I'm not sure if it's spelled that way. I do know they are supposed to be one of the best LOOKING intakes on the market.

Thanks...

Quick Reply: Impressed!!