hypertech for 2001 5.4L anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hypertech for 2001 5.4L anyone??

just wondering if anyone has the hypertech module for their 2001 5.4L supercab? is it even available? if so, cost and good place to buy? thanks. mitch

------------------
gas guzzlin,neighbor waking,bike haulin,2 space takin, fun drivin ride

TRUCK
-2001 XLT Supercab silver
-5.4l v8
-3.31 Rear end(sucks!)
-2wd
MODS
-6" RCD suspension lift
-2" rear blocks
-35"x12.5"x16.5" BFG muds
-16.5"x9.75" Eagle 589's
-Flowmaster 40 series
-Pioneer 730 premier head unit
-Sony Xplod amp
-subbox.net sub enclosure
-2-10" Kenwood subs
FUTURE(no particular order)
-K&N
-Hypertech comp
-Power pulleys
-Billet grill
-Clear corner lights
-RCD skid plate and light bar
-Regearing of rear end(desperatly needed)
-im sure others will come to mind
Other ride is a 1999 Yamaha R6!

Old 06-18-2001, 01:32 AM
im looking for the one that allows programming of tire size, rear end gearing, etc. not just a chip. thanks

Old 06-18-2001, 11:29 AM
I have a superchip that's only two months old for sale cheap. In most opinions it's much better than the hypertech. Email me at mac3307@yahoo.com if interested. Good day

------------------
OO L Black, Superchip R9, Airaid FIPK and Tonneau cover 1999 F-150 Lariat SC Flareside, 2WD, White/Silver 5.4L, 3.55LS, K&N FIPK, Power Pulley Set, 16" Permacool electric fan, Flowmaster 40 series, Superchip, Captains chairs and tow package

Old 06-18-2001, 11:31 AM
I think the chip can be programmed for that also

Old 06-18-2001, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi r6racer,

To the best of my knowledge off the top of my head, they have not released it for the 2001's yet, Hypertech only has that Power Programmer unit for a very few of these F-150's to date. They are also having some problems with their speedo corrections for tire size and/or gear ratio changes, those aren't very consistent, with corrections being applied in reverse sometimes and other issues. I don't mean to imply *all* of them have that problem by any stretch of the imagination, just that this is an issue on some of them, and we hear about it often.

They're doing a little bit better job of speedo corrections in their Power Programmer units for some of the GM applications, and of course we offer the same type of device for the same GM vehicles. They had big problems with that even in those GM applcations too, many times they worked in *reverse* of what was entered, etc. That has since improved somewhat in some of their GM applications, they still have a long ways to go on the FoMoCo speedo corrections.

This issue of correcting the speedo & odo for tire size & gear ratio changes is something that we've been R&Ding for quite some time now, and because we are code-specific, meaning we don't do compromised "generic" powertrain prtograms as Hypertech does, we have to do that on a code-by-code basis as a custom program, it works much better that way. But then, code-specific programming is always going to do a better job than "generic" powertrain programs, which is why we do it that way, it yields better results, more power, better driveability, etc. when you don't compromise the program to run on all similar vehicles.

We'll be continuing the R&D on these speedo corrections on an on-going basis, as will Hypertech, I'm sure. Being code-specific like we are, there are still some of these codes that we don't have it R&D'd for, and that R&D continues as a result, of course. The automakers are always releasing new codes, and so this R&D for speedo corrections will be on-going by nature, I guess you could say.

If you want more info about that Hypertech PP unit, I would suggest that you talk to Roger Lemere, of Lemere Enterprises, as they run the F-150 Online Store here, and carry that product line. You can reach Roger at 916-361-2510.

Good luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 06-20-2001).]

Old 06-18-2001, 01:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Mikey,

Just in case you haven't already, a quick thought, if you're selling a Superchip, make sure to list it here in the Classified Ads section of F-150 Online if you haven't already, as you'll get far more exposure there.

Good luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 06-19-2001, 12:43 AM

Is there anything better than a superchip? I think not.

Trending Topics

Old 06-19-2001, 01:56 AM
Does superchip have something comparable to the hypertech programer? I know some people who have used the hypertech on some 01 chevs and love them. They also changed their intake and exhaust. I do not want to have to run premium to tell a difference. Premium in my area is 20 cents more a gallon. I want some flexibility. How about the diablo chip? Anyone have any feedback? I have 01 5.4

Old 06-19-2001, 04:37 AM
Just my 2¢s, on this matter, your just pouring money down the drain on the Hypertech, now the diesels it's a diiferent story. As far as the chevy guys goes, what other form of so called chip do they have to choose from?
Superchip was first on the scene, and I've had 3 trucks (5.4s) with Superchips. All in all, I 've mostly bought the chip for better shifting,as far as seat of the pants performance and gas milage, this I never have seen, and will probably never happen. I think most people who get the chip, feel the quicker, tighter shift and think they have really picked up HP..???
Also have driven a few 5.4s with the diablo chip and with the right burn, they work very well.
Just make sure, when bying a chip, you buy from someone that's reputable and can reburn your chip at his own facility,, remember you got 30 days to try it out, and if its not what you like, send it back.

------------------

DOGCAM
dogcam@f150guy.com
01 F-150 SC Lariat
Flareside 4X2,5.4,3:73
LS, SnugLid,Dynomax
Exhaust,Kenwood Amps,
Speakers,JL 10" Sub

Old 06-19-2001, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Terry,

Yes we do make that kind of device, for the GM vehicles whose computers actually require that more expensive type of device. It's called the Micro Tuner, and it available for most GM V-8 trucks & performance cars from 1996 on up. We don't make it for the Fords yet simply because it's not required due to their design, we can still use a less expensive "chip" type of device on FoMoCo vehicles.

One thing you'll have to get used to is the fact that if you want power gains via powertrain programming/tuning, you will *have* to use premium gasoline, this is very basic in this indistry. There is no way to significantly increase engine power via powertrain programming without tuning for higher octane with this type of product.

If you'd like to go over the details for your specific application, please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 06-20-2001, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. Mike, what can i say? Im still amazed at the length at which you go to help answer questions for some of us less informed. I think that it looks like Ill be going with the superchip mostly because of your knowledge and willingness to be such a huge help on this awesome message board. 2 thumbs up to ya. Im sure many others agree. Thanks. mitch

------------------
gas guzzlin,neighbor waking,bike haulin,2 space takin, fun drivin ride

TRUCK
-2001 XLT Supercab silver
-5.4l v8
-3.31 Rear end(sucks!)
-2wd
MODS
-6" RCD suspension lift
-2" rear blocks
-35"x12.5"x16.5" BFG muds
-16.5"x9.75" Eagle 589's
-Flowmaster 40 series
-Pioneer 730 premier head unit
-Sony Xplod amp
-subbox.net sub enclosure
-2-10" Kenwood subs
FUTURE(no particular order)
-K&N
-Hypertech comp
-Power pulleys
-Billet grill
-Clear corner lights
-RCD skid plate and light bar
-Regearing of rear end(desperatly needed)
-Custom fab carbon parts(in progress)
-Im sure others will come to mind
Other ride is a 1999 Yamaha R6!

Old 06-20-2001, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi r6racer,

That's very kind of you to say Mitch, thanks.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: hypertech for 2001 5.4L anyone??