Best chip for Powerstroke?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 08:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best chip for Powerstroke?

My dad just got a '01 powerstroke and I want to get him a 'chip. What should I look for?
What chip is everybody using in there's? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-22-2001, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi blkbrute,

Most people here are using the Superchip. Superchips has been tuning these Powerstroke diesels for longer than anyone else (aside from Ford Motor Company themselves), and is the company that invented this industry of performance chips to begin with, so nobody else has more experience doing this type of work on these vehicles.

The Superchip for the Powerstroke diesel is 50-state emissions certified, adds 60 horsepower and 115 lbs./ft. of torque, and is programmed for each specific vehicle, so we'll need to know the computer code of your Father's new truck.

The way to find that computer code is to open the Driver's door, and then look in the front part of the door frame, in between the door hinges. There you will see a sticker that has 3 letters and 1 number on it, like PMT3, DAC3, XLE8, etc., there are many different codes, but they will always be in that same format, 3 letters followed by 1 number.

With the Superchip, his towing capacity is not limited in any way, he will still be able to do everything that vehicle was designed to be able to do, and more.

No other modifications to the vehicle are required to use the Superchip, and even the exhaust gas temperatures will remain normal with the Superchip, so he won't have to worry about anything like that.

I would suggest just giving us a quick call, and let's go over all of this in more detail, and if you like, we'll be more than happy to speak with your Father about this as well, so he feels comfortable with all of this. You'll want to know about pricing, options, etc. so please feel free to give us a shout to go over all of that if you like, our contact info is just below.

Best of luck with the new truck,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Best chip for Powerstroke?