Mike-1714 Tuning Question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike-1714 Tuning Question?

Mike-
Sorry to burden you with another question, but I want to make sure that I understand fully how to change the tuning on my new 1714 tuner.
I have a 2004 5.4 FX4 Supercrew that is tuned for 91-93 Octane fuel right now. (I just purchased the tuner from you a few days ago). I was wondering if you could give me accurate directions and any further suggestions on how to tune my truck based upon the size of tires I have. I have 33in Toyo tires that I put on it and I didn't put that info into the tuner when I first tuned it. I read other threads on what I should do to fix this problem, but I'm not fully sure how to do it. Do I need to put the truck back to stock first and then start over again with the new tuning or can I edit what I already have? How do I enter in the tire size and do you have any suggestions on changing shift points and shift firmness for the large tires? Some of the other threads had suggestions on this, but again I was confused as to how to do it and what it meant.

Thanks for your continued help,

John
(P.S. I'm also on a waiting list for a AF1 Intake from you. In your opinion, do you think the AF1 will be better than the AirRaid, and when will the AF1's come out?) Thanks.

Quick Reply: Mike-1714 Tuning Question?