Is this a SC tri-tune programmer or not???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a SC tri-tune programmer or not???

Can anybody tell me just buy looking at the pic if it is a SC tri-tune programmer???

Old 10-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The picture shows nothing in the way of any markings or detail. That does appear to be one of the current boxes that Micro Tuners come in, but that's all that can really be determined by that shot - the Micro Tuner looks like it's upside down in the box.

I snagged a copy of that pic and blew it up in Photoshop, but the label is still unreadable, blurred when zoomed in on. All that can be seen when blown up is that it's a 1715 - I think!

The 1715 Micro Tuner for the gas engine trucks went 3-program in September of last year, so if it was made after about September 15th of 2003, then it's a 3-program unit, and you can see that info on the sticker on the back of the Micro Tuner. I seem to think that the newer 3-program 1715's are black and the older single-program 1715's were blue in color - but I could be wrong about that, it's been a long time since I saw an older 1715.

You will know this when you install it, too - if it gives you a choice of 3 different programs when you install it, then it's a 3-program unit. If it doesn't give you a choice of 3 different tunes, then it's a single program unit.

And of course, all 1714's for the 2004 F-150 are 3-program.

Quick Reply: Is this a SC tri-tune programmer or not???