6600 Installed!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6600 Installed!!!!!!!!

I FINALLY GOT MY CHIP AFTER MISSING THE UPS MAN. INSTALL WAS NOT A BIG PROBLEM JUST WAS SLOWED DOWN BY HAVING TO WORK UNDER THE DASH AND CLEANING THE COMPUTER PC BOARD. I AM RUNNING THE 87 OCTANE PERFORMANCE PROGRAM. IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE LET ME TELL YOU. MY TRUCK HAS VERY NOTICEABLE ACCELERATION AND THE GEAR SHIFTS THROW YOU BACK IN THE SEAT. IF YOU ARE ON THE GAS THEN IT IS PICKING THEM UP AND PUTTING THEM DOWN. THE 93 PERFORMANCE PROGRAM MAKES IT OFFICIAL...........I AM WORKING WITH A MONSTER.

Old 10-12-2004, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kudos

mike sure knows his stuff- huh?-phil

Old 10-12-2004, 09:14 AM
ScrewedUPF150 please tell me more.........

where did U get it?
good installation instructions?
is it "plug & play"?
any finished pics?

I have a 04 Scab 5.4L 3V, Airaid intake & Flowmaster catback series 40.

Any dos & don'ts would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Race

Old 10-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by racemag
ScrewedUPF150 please tell me more.........

where did U get it?
good installation instructions?
is it "plug & play"?
any finished pics?

I have a 04 Scab 5.4L 3V, Airaid intake & Flowmaster catback series 40.

Any dos & don'ts would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Race
Check out Troyer Perfromance.

Old 10-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chip

If you dont already know............Troyer Performance is the place to get you chip or programmer. I went with the 6600 chip which is a single chip with 4 performance tune programs that attaches to the actual pcm. The programers are plug and play......my chip is not. It does allow me to switch form program to program just by turning a selector know and this can be done with the truck running. I have not even tried the other programs and like it already.

Old 10-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Race,

We're (Troyer Performance) the ones who most Ford truck & SUV owners come to for their tuning - just take a look at our signature line below for all our info - web site, contact info, etc.

The appropriate product for your truck is a bit different than the other poster was talking about, as yours is a 2004 model. 2004 models (new body style) are all-new, including a completely different powertrain control system 7 PCM, so the newer trucks cannot use a traditional "chip," as there's simply no place to put one. So we use "flash" devices instead, that you use to upload our tuning via your trucks' OBD-II port under the dash - very simple & clean, takes 10 minutes and can go back to stock any time.

Here's a link to our web site, and once you are there read up specifically on our Part# 1714 - that's the appropriate tuner for your 2004 truck.

Again, call us to go over all the details on this, for any questions, etc., not answered by the detailed description on our web site - we specialize in these F-150's, so we can assist with any aspect of improving their performance, & will be happy to explain anything, etc.

Also, any time you want to know just about anything on this general subject, you'll want to use the SEARCH feature here - it's far faster, cuts down on typing time, etc., as just about anything you can think to ask about has already been asked & answered many hundreds, if not thousands of times before - and can be accessed almost instantly just by using the SEARCH feature - the icon to access SEARCH is in the upper right portion of your screen here. Just FYI for future reference.............

Congrats on your new truck, & we hope to hear from you!

Old 10-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mike...........

I placed my order today with Crystal......BTW....she was very pleasant to speak with and answered all my concerns.......give that girl a when you see her.........

Race-on..........

Race

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I sure will pass your appreciation on to Crystal, & thanks for that, Race - she'll be delighted to hear that. She works very hard and is extremely dedicated to our company, a real asset we're lucky to have.

Thanks very much for your business Race, & good luck!

Quick Reply: 6600 Installed!!!!!!!!