another satisfied 1714 owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another satisfied 1714 owner

Just installed 1714 87 octane tune WOW what a difference. Well worth the money just in 87 tune. Thanks MIke for the discount. Just 1 question is it better to go back to stock before I go to the hi performance tune or can I just go 87tune to hi per tune. Filling up with 93 octane tomorrow can't wait. Thanks

Old 10-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can go right to the Hi Performance program from the 87 octane program. I just did it a couple of weeks ago.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi cajun,

Red Wing's exactly right - you don't have to go back to stock first when changing to a different program in the Micro Tuner - just plug it in and choose which program you want to go to.

One thing to be aware of just in case you might not already know - when going from either the stock factory program or the Micro Tuner's 87 octane program to one of the premium gas tunes, we recommend running the 87 octane fuel level down until the low fuel light first comes on. You'll still have 3-5 gallons left in the system, so you won't run out of gas. Fill it up with premium, and then you can immediately change over to the premium gas tuning in the 1714.

The point being simply to never "top off" a tank of lower octane (like 1/4 tank or 1/2 tank, etc.) with premium and make that switch - run as much of the 87 out as you can before making that change, and the easiest way to do that without running out of fuel is to just wait until the low fuel light first comes on, then fill up with premium & install the hi-performance tuning.

Quick Reply: another satisfied 1714 owner