Bought an 04...what to do with chip from old truck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bought an 04...what to do with chip from old truck?

Prior to my '04 SuperCrew, I had a '99 F150. I had a SuperChips Flip-Chip in that truck, which I took out before I traded in the truck. Now I'm wondering the best way to sell the chip. What have most of you guys done? I'd like to get at least a few $$$ back to help pay for a tuner for the new truck, but I don't know if there is much of a market for used chips. Thanks!

Old 10-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Put an add in the classified section of this site. Make sure you put the computer code so if someone has the same code, they could get a good deal on a chip.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
I put mine in the classifieds here and elsewhere. I got tons of e-mails and had no problem selling it.

Old 10-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted my friends Superchips on the classified section of this site and it sold in a couple of days. From the buyers response it made me think he was a tuner and had the capability to reprogram the chip.

Old 10-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi ChezHed,

I agree with the other responses - the way to get the most for that chip is usually to list it for sale in the free Classified Ads section here on F-150 Online. People are always looking for a bargain - one thing to keep in mind is that any perspective buyer will either have to have a vehicle with the exact same computer code as your Flip Chip is programmed for, or they will need to pay someone (like us) to reprogram the chip so it can be used on their vehicle - so the buyer would have another expense in addition to paying you for the chip if their vehicle's computer code doesn't match. If you like, if you want to post the ode your chip is programmed for, I can let you know if that is a common code or one that is relatively rare, etc. - these F-150's have more different PCM codes each model year than any other vehicle.

If you want to do something immediately, or just don't want to mess with selling it outright for whatever reason, we can usually work out some kind of trade-up deal to get you into the right product for your new 2004 SuperCrew - now in all candor, you'll probably get less for it that way - but if you want to do something right now, meaning time is more important than potentially getting top dollar, please feel free to give us a call to go over those details. Just a thought..........

Best of luck whatever you decide, & congrats on your new 2004 SuperCrew!

Quick Reply: Bought an 04...what to do with chip from old truck?