Question about Superchip and low load/low speed shifts

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 03:49 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question about Superchip and low load/low speed shifts

Mike I have this nagging problem with the low speed shifts on my truck. If I am in traffic and going very slow with a 1-2 up shift at say 15-20mph, the shift seems to joust the truck. It's real uncomfortable. I don't know if you remember but I have a 4 program chip you burned for the Powerdyne blower and a race built 4R70W trans. I have already reverted back to stock 1-2 accumulator springs with no help.
Anything you can do?

While I'm on the subject, my brother is still waiting for the Superchip for the 2002 4.7 Dodge, any word on that yet.

The only other issue I have with the chip is some restart problems now that it's cold. The 42lbs injectors seem to make it rich when off only about 15 mins, sometimes it won't start. I have learned how to get it started by giving it a little throttle while cranking. The truck is running so good I fear changing anything.
Thanks.

WLF

Old 12-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give the man a call after the holidays, It's tough to do business on an open forum like this, the two of you could tipe back and forth for a week and not get done what a phone call can in just minutes.
Mike custom tuned my 4r70w to be agressive normal driving, yet to turn the tires at wide open throttle. Trans is very nice to drive during every day use converter lock up is great the way For should have built it.

Old 12-22-2004, 08:31 AM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chucks bp,
Thanks for the reply

Contraire, this is the easiest way to ask what is a simple "can it be done" question. If you have called Mike you know how busy he is.
Here he can sit down and answer at his leisure.
I am asking to decide my next step; call him (after the holidays) or replace the valve body with a stock one.

Mikes talents with tuning is not lost on me, he has my truck running so good it's...well...FUN...

Old 12-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WLF my built trans seems to do the same
thing nasty 1-2 shift more prominent
on a lift foot upshiift situation
mitch
:santa:

Old 12-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WLF I'm shure Mike can back that shift pressure out for you. I have a factory tech valve body that shifted extreamly hard, and Mike got it firm but not harsh with a little tuning on my application.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi WLF,

As always, just give us a call & we'll take a look at this for you!

Old 12-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd suggest sticking with either the Jerry Mod on a 4R70W or other shift kit besides B&M and sticking with hydraulic mods, not electronic. Raising line pressure, etc electronically in my mind raises tranny stress. The Jerry Mod is what the engineer for the 4R70W recommends so that's what I went with. Shifts perfect. Good and hard on WOT but like factory with little throttle. Plus it's a way cheaper mod than buying a kit. All you need to buy is a new filter, fluid, and some drill bits.

Quick Reply: Question about Superchip and low load/low speed shifts