Computer code guesses

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer code guesses

I took my truck in to get reflashed before I purchased a custom tunner, and I can't find where they would of put the new computer code. Any suggestions?

Old 01-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When Ford re-flashes your PCM they are suppose to put a “Authorized Modifications” sticker somewhere in the engine compartment. I have an “Authorized Modifications” sticker on my fan shroud with my new PCM code.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Thats what I thought to, I looked but never found anything. Is there any other way to find out, or will I have to ask them.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:43 PM
You’re going to have to get the Ford service department to put in on their diagnostic machine to read the new code; I don’t know of any other way. It shouldn’t be problem though; it will only take five minutes or so to do.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Other places

They stuck mine to the inside of the hood. Open your hood and look up! Not there? the jpdadeo is correct. Go back to your dealer and demand they follow practice and place one for you.

Old 01-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CrAz3D
Should one have their truck reflashed before installing a custom tuner (ie xcalibrator)? If so, do I just goto service dept & ask them to reflash the PCM?... k, thnx
If you’re not having any problems with your truck you don’t need to have your PCM re-flashed to use the Xcalibrator but you will need to know what your PCM code is when ordering the Xcalibrator because the custom tunes are specifically for your trucks PCM code.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exactly - well said, gentlemen.

If you don't have a problem, then don't go in asking for a reflash (update).

If you got a reflash but the dealership service technician failed to place the required "Authorized Modification" sticker under the hood (which will now look like a slightly oversized oil change label - you know, the see-thru kind) with the updated program code written on it, then you will need to take the vehicle back in and have them read it with the WDS (Ford's Worldwide Diagnostic System). As John mentioned, that takes all of 5 minutes to do.

What a great bunch of helpful vehicle owners - this thread is an excellent example of F-150 Online and it's members at it's best, all helping each other out with accurate info - kudos, fellas!

Quick Reply: Computer code guesses