Jet Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jet Performance Chip 2003 F150 King Ranch 5.4L

A couple of questions.

Should I install a Jet chip, and will it increase my performance and even the MPG?

Where and the heck do I find the OBC unit? I'm kind a new to this thing.

Thanks,
Sidecar Rich

Last edited by Sidecar Rich; 07-24-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:15 PM
jet chips sucks, get an SCT Xcal or Xcal 2 from Troyer or any vendor thats near u, custom tunes r much better than an off the shelf chip like jet or hypertech.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Why install a chip when you can plug a controller into the OBD port and reprogram with a nice custom tune? An added benifit is that a programer leaves no tell-tail sign of it's presence if the truck is returned to stock. A chip leaves NO doubt as to it's presence.

Old 07-25-2005, 12:00 AM
hey side car. email me, i will tell you ALL about a JET chip.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sidecar Rich you should seriously look into getting an XCal2 from Troyer Performance. It’s the absolute best thing going for tuning Fords, no exceptions and Mike at Troyer Performance is the man you want doing your custom tunes.

He’s the tune maestro!

You will also get special pricing (discount) for being an f150online member but you’ll have to call to get the details

SCT’s XCalibrator 2 loaded with a set of 3 Troyer Performance custom programs, available for any OBD-II FoMoCo vehicle 1996-2005

Last edited by jpdadeo; 07-25-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Sidecar Rich,

Jet is generally considered to be one of the the last types of performance tuning device you want to use.

You will get by far the best results by having us do our Troyer Performance *custom* tuning, even for a bone-stock vehicle, that is what will give you the maximum safe & sustainable power & performance gains in these F-series vehicles.

Take some time to read these boards here, & you will quickly find that most people come to us for our custom tuning, as we have specialized in performance tuning the F-150 longer than anyone else, and are very well known for our results.

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, pleaser feel fee to give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to.

Thanks for your post, & best of luck whatever you decide!

Old 07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
sidecar Rich,
I had the jet chip in my 97 and could tell nuthin, switched to a flip chip custom tuned by Mike and it was a different truck. Now with my 03 Lightning I have the xcal with 3 custom tunes and its a different monster with Mikes tuning.

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mikes custom tuneing cant be beat, had the hypertech for awile and the custome tuneing by Mike is a world of difrence better, i would go to no one else

Old 07-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Gees I feel like a dim-wit. I'm going to try and get my money back on the Jet Chip??

Troyer Performance isn't too close to SD. Do I just call and tell the folks what I have and they can fix me up with the right parts. How does it work?

Sidecar Rich

Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
Hi Sidecar Rich,

Jet is generally considered to be one of the the last types of performance tuning device you want to use.

You will get by far the best results by having us do our Troyer Performance *custom* tuning, even for a bone-stock vehicle, that is what will give you the maximum safe & sustainable power & performance gains in these F-series vehicles.

Take some time to read these boards here, & you will quickly find that most people come to us for our custom tuning, as we have specialized in performance tuning the F-150 longer than anyone else, and are very well known for our results.

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, pleaser feel fee to give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to.

Thanks for your post, & best of luck whatever you decide!

Old 07-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just give Mike a call and he’ll tighten you right up

Old 07-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Sidecar Rich,

When you call us, we go over all of that info with you - you do not have to be anywhere near us - for example, we tune many twin-turbocharged F-150's for owners in Australia without ever seeing the vehicles!

We have a custom tuning program service procedure that allows us to do a great job without ever seeing each individual vehicle - that's what we do, so don't worry about distance.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks to everyone for the feed back.

Mike,

Thanks for all the feed back. I hope things slow down at this end by Friday, at that time I'd like to give you a call.

Thanks again.

Sidecar Rich

Old 07-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Sidecar Rich, I just want you to know that the chance of finding someone better to purchase your go-fast parts from that is better than the folks at Troyer Performance is pretty slim. I have purchased all of my stuff from them. I have talked to Mike, and Anita several times (even had a chance to meet them a couple times at events sponsered by them) and have always got awsome service. They answered the questions I had and brought up things I hadn't thought of. You can't go wrong!

The tuner may just be the beginning. I started with a tuning chip and ended up getting a few more things. It's contagous! I would love to buy a bunch more stuff but being a home owner is making it tough to have the cash to do the things I want to my truck.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi SIdecar Rich,

Thanks for your kind post, & we look forward to hearing from you anytime!

Quick Reply: Jet Performance Chip