xcal2 prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xcal2 prices

i have read that alot of you guys are using these and love them.

i see troyer performance sells them for $499

but ebay has them new for $379 shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCT-X...spagenameZWDVW

what is the differance if any? thanks mike

Old 10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Troyer's expertise in optimally programming the tuner for you truck, based upon your needs. I'm paying the extra for the same reason I would pay a doctor to perform surgery on me, as opposed to buying a scalpel and a anatomy book.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
The difference is the programming loaded into it. Who programmed the ebay unit?
Mike will also give you a better price because you are a member here. Call him! He cannot discuss pricing on this forum, it is against the policies of this website.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:18 AM
You really pay for the tunes not the device. I, along with many others here, went with Troyer Performance because of his reliability and experience with these trucks. Remember, these devices are VIN locked once they are used. So if you do buy one on EBAY make sure that it is brand new / never used or you will have to pay to have the device unlocked.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by raddad
Troyer's expertise in optimally programming the tuner for you truck, based upon your needs. I'm paying the extra for the same reason I would pay a doctor to perform surgery on me, as opposed to buying a scalpel and a anatomy book.

Good one! Of course surgery is so expensive, I might consider your alternative if it wasn't for that blood thing...

Old 10-11-2005, 10:33 PM
gp
i agree with raddad.the person on ebay will not have the service that mike has. if you have a question or problem mike or anita will have a quick answer.nothing against the other tuners but some one has to be num 1 and he is it.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by raddad
The true difficulty in this is just after you administer the anastisia, you wake up and still need the surgery. Tricky Business.

Troyer is the only way to go for tunes for your F150, its the only way to get that Troyer Performance decal (adds 5 RWHP you know).

Old 10-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Mike (024drscrew),

We sell them for much less than you see o our web site for those who are registered members of F-150 Online.

However, we do not ever try to be the cheapest in the world with our tuning, as nobody else can do what we do.

You see, we have specialized in F-150 performance tuning longer than anyone else - over 14 years now - thus we get better performance gains, better driveability, and so many other aspects. What most dealers do is to simply load a pre-built "value" file and ship them out the door - we don't do that, we scratch-tune every single one, for each individual vehicle, for each individual customer, to match exactly what they need and want, combined with our many years of F-150 expertise. This is why the vast majority of F-150 owners come to us for their performance needs, especially our tuning services - we really are known all over the world for our F-150 tuning.

By the way, just so you know - it's against the rules here to post any of our specific parts pricing, so we cannot discuss that here. To find out what your cost as a registered member of F-150 Online actually is with us on any of our tuning products, give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to go over all of that with you in proper detail, so you'll know what you're actually dealing with, results, your actual cost, etc., OK?

Thanks for your post & best of luck with your truck!

Quick Reply: xcal2 prices