XCAL datalogging

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question XCAL datalogging

Just read over the paperwork for the datalogging and it seems pretty straight forward. I am actually Dyno testing for the load part and plan on doing it 3 times. First at stock for a baseline. Second after all mods besides the tune. Then after the XCAL arrives. The question I have is if I am supposed to do 3 pulls for each program what gas am I supposed to run. I will have the 87perf, 91 tow and 91 perf. Should I just do the 87perf run with 92 octane gas? Or should I do the 91's with 87 octane?

Old 10-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dats150
Just read over the paperwork for the datalogging and it seems pretty straight forward. I am actually Dyno testing for the load part and plan on doing it 3 times. First at stock for a baseline. Second after all mods besides the tune. Then after the XCAL arrives. The question I have is if I am supposed to do 3 pulls for each program what gas am I supposed to run. I will have the 87perf, 91 tow and 91 perf. Should I just do the 87perf run with 92 octane gas? Or should I do the 91's with 87 octane?

No you don't want to test the 91 octane tune on 87 octane fuel.
Fill the tank with 91 octane and perform all your test pulls on it.
It will not effect the 87 octane program, but on the other hand the 87 octane fuel "would" effect the 91 octane programs...

Quick Reply: XCAL datalogging