utility for Maco 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have .LLF files I got .XTR

I was hoping to be able to send it in and have it changed over. The last time I called about it was Aug 29. I need to call again

Old 01-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey John (and also a bit later on for MGDFan, too),

If what you are looking for is the end-user adjustability, that's been available for some time, you can easily send your unit in if you like, and have that done. I thought we already did that for you, thus there would be no benefit. But if we have not already enabled your on-board adjustability, we'd be happy to do that for you if you want to do it by sending it in.

Now with regard to the new utility, what everyone DOESN'T know is that there are a number of *other* requirements far beyond just that download, so don't think you can just download that utility and enable on-board adjustments, that won't fly - it requires work on *our* end that has to be done in a brand new and I mean as in 2 day old stuff that we are still testing before *we* will release it "to the masses." so to speak.

For John & MGDFan, if you guys would like to be included in our "beta" testers for the Live load files & update procedure/software, please feel free to give us a call and we'll be happy to accommodate you - we are at a point where we are ready to start doing beta testing on this, and that is something new that just started *today* (we don't ever immediately start sending out something brand new & untried to the masses).

So for John & MGDFan, please do give us a should if you'd like to give the Live Load process a try, OK? Once you 2 guys are successful, then we'll do a few more beta testers, and if all of that goes well, then we'll shoot out an email top everyone of our XCalibrator 2 customers to let them know of it's availability, which only applies to those who got their XCal 2's very early on, before the on-board adjustability was available, and who have not already sent their units in.

Last - for John & MGDFan - you probably already know this, but just in case, you must also have firmware version 1.1 loaded into your XCal's, which you can download and update yourself if you haven't done so already. Remember that version 1.3 is EARLIER than version 1.1 with SCT's numbering scheme - 1.3 should have been labeled 1.03, so that 1.10 would be an obvious later version to everyone. So again, you probably already know that, but just in case, FYI.

We look forward to hearing from both of you to beta test the Live Load stuff!

Old 01-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi Mike, thanks for the response, and yes I’m going to call you about the beta stuff, sounds good.

I have version 1.3 on my XCal2 and as I’m looking on SCT downloads I don’t see firmware version 1.1 offered. I’ll keep looking and search in the forum until I find it though

Thanks

I search the forum and couldn’t find firmware version 1.1 anywhere. I emailed tech support with my dilemma. It’s an all new download page SCT has now and 1.1 isn’t there

Last edited by jpdadeo; 01-13-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:04 PM
I just found out the utility needed to update the XCal2 to version 1.1 hasn’t been released yet. The firmware is available, but the utility that is needed is not

Old 01-29-2006, 08:12 AM
The new Live Load works great; very user friendly. So far I’ve only tried my 93-octane MAX tune (can’t seem to get off of a good thing) but in the very near future (this tankful of gas) I’m going to try my 93 tow-preferred and then gas up with about a half a tank of 87 to give the 87 MAX a whirl. Citgo is my brand of choice

Old 01-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
So far I’ve only tried my 93-octane MAX tune (can’t seem to get off of a good thing)
At least I know I'm not the only one... hahaha!

Old 01-29-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm test driving the new and improved LL3 files so I'm definitely going to give all the programs a shot, even the 87

Old 01-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm test driving the new and improved LL3 files so I'm definitely going to give all the programs a shot, even the 87
Same here. I have found that the new tunes are Great! My low end and midrange are much improved. I have been running the the new 93Max now for a week and I really like it. I just cant bring myself to change to the tow or 87 Max tune. Mike did an outstanding job on these tunes. Hail to the King baby

Old 01-30-2006, 01:17 AM
The new Live Load works great; very user friendly. So far I’ve only tried my 93-octane MAX tune (can’t seem to get off of a good thing) but in the very near future (this tankful of gas) I’m going to try my 93 tow-preferred and then gas up with about a half a tank of 87 to give the 87 MAX a whirl. Citgo is my brand of choice
Live Load is very easy to use. Hopefully I'll be back running my 93oct perf tune soon. There is a minor issue in converting the tuning file to .ll3 format for my computer code, so for now I'm on the stock tune.

It's nice to know that Mike does his own beta testing to find these little issues before releasing updates like this.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by hwm3
It's nice to know that Mike does his own beta testing to find these little issues before releasing updates like this.
Agreed!

Especially with the great bunch of Beta testers that volunteered !

This is just one characteristic that distinguishes a good Vendor from a truly Great one.

Keep this drooling caveman posted !

Cheers
Grog

Old 01-30-2006, 07:53 AM
hwm3, I’m confident TP will get your new LL3 files squared away to your complete satisfaction shortly; his customer service and personalized approach to each individuals problem is second to none

You got a 05 so you might not know about this little tidbit. When the new 3-valve 04 F150 hit the market late August early September of 03, Mike was doing custom tunes for them back then. You would have to remove the trucks PCM and send it to TP for him to reprogram with one custom tune of your choice. This was way before SCT released their 1714 Superchips "MAX" Micro Tuner and approximately fifteen months before the XCal-1 hit the market.

Mikes hand hued his custom tunes for the 3-valve ever since, testing and retesting, in my opinion, that’s why they’re the very best

Last edited by jpdadeo; 01-30-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:33 AM
hwm3, I’m confident TP will get your new LL3 files squared away to your complete satisfaction shortly; his customer service and personalized approach to each individuals problem is second to none
I'm not complaining at all. TP has always done a great job at fixing any little problems that have come up for me. I was just letting you know that there are a couple of things that still needed to be worked out before it's released.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Some very valid points made - yes, we DO insist on beta-testing even after a manufacturer has decided to release something, as we've all seen what happens from the "1.0 syndrome" - and these days, there is so little actual testing done by some manufacturers that we just don't care any more what a lot of them say in this regard - we insist on testing ourselves before we put something in full wide public release.

First, we'll test on a few vehicles - then if that goes well, we'll test a few more, and then a few more - and if all of that goes well, then we'll test a few more dozen - and if all is well at that point, then we'll go ahead and release. That's really about the best we can do at our level, which is more (unfortunately) than what some manufacturers, who have far more resources, do themselves. Now from there, it can still be a different ballgame once you get hundreds, and then thousands, and then tens of thousands of vehicles involved - the BIG numbers really tell the tale, we just do what we can reasonably do!

And just as hwm3 quite properly, professionally and very politely pointed out, he is indeed having an issue with his particular truck's PCM revision (SCX6, I think?) when it comes to actually loading the Live Load formatted tune files into the truck when we send him the files in Live Load format.

HWM3 is the only one to date to have such an issue, everyone else has had no problems at all, and that bodes very well for a beta test, we're happy to say (though that probably doesn't make hwm3 feel any better! ) - but since we have been beta testing, the manufacturer has kindly shared with us each day their data, and they just found a PCM revision that they too, had the same issue with - I don't remember if it was the same PCM code as hwm3's or not.

So SCT is doing a great job in working with us on this, I have to say - far better than most manufacturers! SCT is being very forthcoming and extremely quick to respond, and we're very grateful for that.

By the way, Harold (hwm3) - I don't know if you are already aware of it or not by now, but we just sent out another set of tunes for you to try a little while ago, late this afternoon/early this evening, as we just got another update to try for you. Please let us know if that takes care of your issue, & thanks again to ALL the beta-testers - without you being willing to try things like this, we would not be able to do our own Troyer Performance beta testing of various manufacturers products, so we want to send a HUGE THANK YOU out to EVERYONE who has EVER participated in any of our beta-test programs!

Old 01-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi Mike. I just tried the latest batch of tunes and get the same error message. No big deal, I know SCT and you are working on a solution. It just makes me appreciate the tuning that much more driving it on the stock tune these past few days.

Quick question though. With LiveLoad, we can just store tunes on our PCs and load them to the tuner as we need them. So if someone wanted you to send them a drag tune they wouldn't have to give up one of the other tunes for it, right?

Old 01-31-2006, 12:50 AM
Your Welcome Mike! Hwm3, I hope this gets relsolved quickly, Its tough running the stock tune once you get used to Troyer Tunes.

Quick Reply: utility for Maco 3.0