Mike can you help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike can you help!

Well it happen again after driving for a bit and I stopped at the store to pick up a game for my boy. My truck would not start up, it would turn over and putter a bit and die. After about two hours it started right up with no problem and no codes. What do you think it can be? I need help with this problem it happen about a mouth ago too. Any tips or advice would be helpful. 2000 4.6 V8 Auto I'm useing the Superchip 1715

Rhood

Old 10-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My 2001 4.6 does the same thing, the next time it happens try pushing down on the gas pedal while it is cranking, it will start right up when you do this, sometimes the idle will surge up and down for a few seconds, and then it will settle down, It seems worse in hot weather. I know of a few other trucks that do the same thing when tuned. I have tryed everything truck wise to cure the problem but nothing has helped, I have learned to live with it.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had that happen with an old truck of mine, it eventually just died.. found out that the chip died

Old 10-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, but I cannot diagnose your vehicle here, nor do I think this is related to the 1715, as we have sold tons of them and there is no pattern of such problems among 1715 owners - it's usually something else altogether going on, such as a failing PCM.

That is not any type of normal result from using a tuner or a chip that is properly installed and programmed to the correct PCM code. And
the 1715 would not even allow a program to be uploaded unless it had a matching program for the program that is in your PCM from the factory, so a code mis-match is not going to be part of this equation - I suspect that it has nothing to do with the tuning whatsoever, as if it was, the problem would be far more consistent - it wouldn't happen just once a month, or not happen for a month, etc.

If we had the vehicle here I would connect a break-out box and troubleshoot the PCM itself.

Sorry, but there's just nothing I can do for you from here - this is not the place or the way to diagnose vehicles - nor would I ever jump to a conclusion that it just has to be the tuner that is causing this problem, I seriously doubt that it has anything at all to do with your problems. this sounds far more like a wiring harness problem, ignition system issue, a faulty/intermittent ground, or a failing PCM - By the way - PCM's can an do fail all on their own, every single day.

I wish there was more I could do, but there just isn't, other than wish you good luck!

Quick Reply: Mike can you help!